My recent wedding....need advice...very sunny day!

roxysmom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still new and learning and would appreciate feedback! Everytime I soliciate feedback I learn something new. I did my third wedding and the pictures are on the link below. (wedding only no reception yet...still working on those!) It was a very small wedding....no bridal party and about 60 guests. She was not going to hire a photographer so I did it for free. My biggest challenge here was it was outside at sunset. I've never photographed an outside wedding or even been to one. His face was in the sun so my pictures are not that great during the service. Any suggestions on how to fix those or what I can do next time?

Thanks for all the help!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesh...n_speed=1&Uc=u0fz8l1.4bdapec1&Uy=-w4i9hh&Ux=1

There are some lovely detail shots.
Poses could be better, more relaxed (the bride doesnt have to be looking at the camera!)
They look great though, keep practicing!

You did those for free? They are better than some paid work I have seen. On occasion better than paid work I have done too.

The sun is a problem because of the massive difference in dynamic range between the sunlit areas and the shade. The only way to fix this is to control the light (by moving them into the shade like with the portraits), or by controlling the shadows using a fill flash. I would suggest figuring out the flash as soon as you get on location because sometimes it gives very weird results and different cameras handle fill flashing differently.

I agree too that these are very beautiful and you did an excellent job! I really only seen one shot that was very bright but all the others looked really good.

It looks like you did a very nice job.

Thank you for the nice compliments. I'm getting better with each wedding! I feel more confident to start charging now that I have had practice and I have a portfolio to show people.

I will work on the poses I see what you mean. She was so nervous and was very rigid in her movements anyway so getting her to relax was hard.

I'm in a photography class and I asked my teacher last night about the lighting situation as well. He told me there was nothing I could really do except move them. Or try to light up where I was standing to make the bright light more equal in front and back. Obviously during the ceremony moving was not an option. I was upfront with her that I'd do what I could but nature would always trump me in certain situations.

Overall I think she'll be happy, I got experience and hopefully new business soon!

Very nice photo's.
You're right about the bride, she does look really nervous.
I remember our wedding day, we were both really nervous-:)

Most reactions

Back