Unimaxium

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Northeastern University, originally from Philly
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At my high school, all seniors are required to do a three-week independent project after classes end. And you can guess what I did mine in — photography, of course! I decided to make this an opportunity to take my first foray into studio portraiture, so I did a bunch of research and then rented some awesome lighting equipment for the final week of the three. I spent four days taking portraits of some classmates and faculty at my school. Here's a sample from the 600+ shots I took for the project. :)

All shots were on my Photo teacher's D70 with the kit lens. The lights I used were Calumet 750W-s Travelites with softboxes. I'm very open to comments and critique, but do keep in mind this is pretty much my first time doing portraits, ever. ;-)

srproject1.jpg

srproject2.jpg

srproject4.jpg

srproject5.jpg

srproject3.jpg

srproject6.jpg

7. A self-portrait I took when I was testing the lighting ;-)
srproject7.jpg

I also have more shots here: http://homepage.mac.com/skyboy/SrProject/

Enjoy ;-)

VERY nice! Oh, and... the "pimp shot"...

I started making photographs in high school too. Photography is a REALLY EASY way to get the women to hang with you.

Have fun!

Pete

Very nice! They look great, especially for a first time. I'm not big into studio shooting, so I don't know how seriously you should take my advice, but I would venture to say they almost need a little bit more lighting and careful not to cut out heads with the group shot :)

That said, I find a lot of people start off doing studio and leaving far too much head room, which happens to be my number one pet peeve. You didn't so that's awesome!

looks good!

Sky is being very modest here...he has a lot more shots, all of which TOTALLY RAWK! And he knows full well he's a little stud-muffin pimp...I tell him all the time. :p

Oooh! I just thought of another you should show off....
...sending you a PM sky....

EDIT: I didn't even notice you linked everyone to the rest of the photos already at the end of the first post! :lol:

Those are really good. I hope you got a good grade.

Most reactions

Back