My Shopping bag

louwcc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I came along with film cameras for more than thirty years. Lately I moved to a DSC. I, however, want to switch to DSLR cameras and intend buying a Nikon D80. I am not technical minded and wish to get some help. I intend buying the camera base apart and add thereto. What do I put in my shopping bag? I was thinking about three lenses and the rest. I am fond of traveling and wildlife. I further should like to "catch" those small creatures too. Thanks!:hail:

Nikon D80 is a good base to build upon. A good travel lens is something in the 18-70mm range. How convenient that I mention this range as this lens exists ;). I took the 18-70mm as my only lens through Europe and it did wonderfully well. The range is just sweet as an all around lens.

For wildlife I would look at something to cover the other range 70-300. I believe the 70-300 VR has reasonable performance at a good price, but I have no first hand experience with this lens.

As for the last option I would either buy a flash SB-600 or SB-800, or a speciality lens like a fisheye, a dedicated Macro like the 105mm f/2.8, or a fixed focal like the 38mm f/2 or 50mm f/1.4. This really depends on what you like.

Most reactions

Back