My shot at HDR and a Portrait C&C please

deekim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
4799947876_56d0ff293f_b.jpg

4799947562_187c3ea634_b.jpg

HDR looks cool, but it seems a bit bright.

The portrait looks like a snapshot. The background is distracting and so is the dudes shirt (granted you can't always pic what they wear.) And the dudes hand is a big blur. They look happy though!

Bridge looks cool
Portrait needs cropped above the blurred hand but the faces look oof, so maybe a retake if possible.

C&C per req:

1. I'm afraid as an HDR, this isn't really working for me. There are some interesting colours, but there's way too much dark space, especially image left and some of the highlights are blown. How many images and what bracketing did you use to acheive this?

2. This one says 'snapshot' vice portrait to me. You've zoomed in very tightly and you have far too much DoF, which combined with a busy, distracting background really detracts from the image.

I would suggest doing a reshoot of this; find a blank background, ensure sufficient separation between subject and background and be ready to supply a little additional lighting. In this case a bounced, diffuse flash might well have helped.

Also, be aware when you're posing people of things that may bet cut. In this case, what I assume is his left arm ends in a disembodied hand, and you've vertically bisected his right upper arm and cropped the top of his head. Cutting body parts is fine if you need or want to, but do it boldly and never through a joint.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

thanks, yeah i know. the portrait wasnt supposed to be anything fancy. just a myspace pic for me and my girl. i think it was kinda oof because i used neat image to cancel out noise and made it softer, but i think i made it too soft? but i will def try to take another one later. the bridge i think it did it at iso 200; 1/20; 1/2000; 2/200. im not sure if i did this right?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back