My shot of the day

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by lightning_jack, Apr 17, 2010.

1. lightning_jack

lightning_jack TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Out with camera today and walked by this gorgeous Volkswagen which happened to be standing so the sunset would reflect on the side. Together with some PS, this is the result.

[​IMG]

This is the original:

[​IMG]

2. Josh220

Josh220 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Awesome find, it looks to be in great condition.

Was it closer in color to the original or the edited version? It almost looks like it went from a teal to a green. Maybe play with the green hue slider a bit.

Did you take any other shots of it? It's a cool van. I'd like to see it from other angles (front looking back, lower to the ground, etc).

3. D-B-J

D-B-J Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    nice job on the ps editing! the colors are beautiful

4. Ron Evers

Ron Evers Been spending a lot of time on here!

In the country just north of Toronto, Canada
    Photos OK to edit
    I find pics of cars/vans etc leave me cold but you did good at popping the original.

5. Big_Pink_Snapper

Big_Pink_Snapper TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What do you think of this? I thought it needed a bit more POP. Great shot btw.

[​IMG]

6. lightning_jack

lightning_jack TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hey everybody, thanks a lot for all the nice answers.

- Josh - concerning the color - here is another shot I think shows the original color quite nicely. I definitely PSed it into a more greenish look. I was really trying to pop out the colors when editing - I didn't realize (or care to much) about the green tinting coming in but now that you say it, I realize one actually might also be able to pop out the color without altering it to much in the green direction, would have to try. Also, I did try some other angles, but didn't really like any:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In hindsight I wonder why I didn't think of taking any front or back shots.... could have been exciting. Thanks for reminding me.

- Ron - thanks for the very nice comment. Cars actually are not on top of my list either but they are the colorful birds of the big city jungle ;) so I like to come back to them. This one especially caught my attention because it was this teal or green bus, then a light blue gate to the left, then a yellow car and then a red one, just great colors in a row in a nice light. Anyways, the spread was so big, I didn't manage to get a good shot of all 4 in one pic in a way I liked so I went to sticking with the single view.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Big Pink Snapper - love what you did on the coloring. That's exactly the direction I wanted to go, maybe not that far though :). Can you tell how exactly you got to that result starting from my pic?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  7. Stormchase

Stormchase No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the first one on here by the OP color is good there. seemed a little too much on the other post. Another thing with the first one is you made the sunset look like its part of the paint job. very nice.