My shots of the lunar eclipse...

duncanp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.duncanphilpott.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
not too good, the only view i had was out of a window where i could not set up a tripod, so these are handheld at 1/6th and 1/10th f2.8 @ 300mm

20070304093349_lunar%201.jpg

20070304093412_lunar%202.jpg

Thanks for looking

But hey :shock: they are so much better than MINE... and I had a (hate-able!) tripod and allowed for 5 seconds at f9 ... and yet, yours are better!!!

handheld? wow, really good!

At least you did not run in to the trouble of motion blur of the moon moving itself, as I had with my first ultra-long exposures ;)

handheld? wow, really good!

At least you did not run in to the trouble of motion blur of the moon moving itself, as I had with my first ultra-long exposures ;)

I dont think ill do that.... i just cant stand sitting around

LaFoto said:
But hey :shock: they are so much better than MINE... and I had a (hate-able!) tripod and allowed for 5 seconds at f9 ... and yet, yours are better!!!

to be honest, i dont know how

Moon shots normally (at full moon) do not require a tripod or monopod... I generally shoot handheld at 1/125, f11, ISO400 on the full moons to catch the details without blowing it out... good shots..!!

Good shots there Duncan but why were you unable to get outside instead of shooting through a window? :lol:

It seems most lenses focus past infinity at this kinda distance, even expensive ones! :lol: did you use auto focus or manual?

For being taken while you held the camera, those are pretty darn good. What's your secret? :lol:

Good shots there Duncan but why were you unable to get outside instead of shooting through a window? :lol:

It seems most lenses focus past infinity at this kinda distance, even expensive ones! :lol: did you use auto focus or manual?

i used both, these have been cropped about 40% though

nice stuff there Duncan but I noticed you say they were taken at F2.8 300mm you been helping yourself to my lenses again? :lol:

great shots duncan... i'm also impressed with your handholding skills... :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back