My Siamese cat that I FINALLY got good pics of

nikki2291

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is just one of the pictures I took of Pretzel, my Siamese cat, she is usually terrified of lenses but she let me snap a few... C&C welcome. :mrgreen:. It doesnt really help that Photobucket distorts the pictures though...

IMG_0392cb.jpg

The face is nicely exposed, but the hot spots on the head, back and right shoulder are distracting.

Wish there wasn't so much dead space above the cat. Also wish the paw wasn't cut off.

I'm loving the pics...sun is nice, but if you get another chance, stop it down a little then bring it up in post or use a little bounce/fill flash to balance. I'm willing to bet this one is recoverable in lightroom if shot in Raw. I love the backlit ears. A sheet over the window would be a savior.

Another thought - do you read your histograms? your exposures are close, but a lot tend to be overexposed. Your histogram would let you know to stop it down a bit and retake the shot.

Another trick I use it AEB in high speed burst...for a shot like the cat (that may move), firing off the first 2 shots(-1, 0) is usually enough to make sure you get the exposure right.

Thanks guys.
No I don't really read my histograms as much as I should but I do use AEB so I will try that tomorrow. Thanks. =)

~Nikki~

Auto exposure bracketing. You take three images with one push of the shutter release. the camera will expose above below and inbetween. Some cameras can set the range of the bracketed exposures.

Auto exposure bracketing. You take three images with one push of the shutter release. the camera will expose above below and inbetween. Some cameras can set the range of the bracketed exposures.

I think that mine can set the range but I'm not to sure, I haven't figured everything out on it yet...

~Nikki~

The look on the face of that cat just tells me stay away.......LOL nice shot

The look on the face of that cat just tells me stay away.......LOL nice shot

Lol...Yea shes a cranky kitty but shes quiet tolerent of me and my camera...lol.

~Nikki~

Most reactions

Back