LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... has been on a trip to Namibia.
She came home yesterday. Well, in customs in either Frankfurt (already) or Windhoek (didn't quite get it), one of the officers already wondered a bit about the amount of film she was carrying. 50 rolls. He quickly calculated that that would stand for 1800 photos.
OK.
She also had bought herself the same kind of compact digital camera like mine. And thought, uh-oh, I better take enough cards with me.

So she had room for another about 1300 digital photos.

She filled "only" 46 of her rolls.
And both flashcards and a bit.

It will take A LIFETIME to sort through all these, I'm afraid!
And I wonder: will you ever get to see any of them? Will she make it to here to post them?

What would you suggest I do to her to make her come and share some (not all... my - bandwidth might suffer just a tad)??? Any ideas?

Or what will we do to her if she doesn't?

Tomorrow morning, after I'll have dropped my daughter off at the pool in town for her morning training unit, I will drive right through to my home-town (or birth place or whatever the word is for that town), to where my family still live (and I used to until 6+ years ago) - including, of course, that sister of mine!

And I'll stay there for the weekend and only return on Sunday night.
Guess what she has asked me to do?
Sort through her photos with her. 2800 all in all, some 1600 of which are in print :shock: !!!
And she wants my help for downloading her digital photos into her computer. Why does she need my help? I say, haven't you got the software with the camera? There was a CD with it, wasn't there? Put it into the slot and let the computer install the software, what is so difficult about it? "Ah, but, erm, well, you better be by my side for that!" :roll: :roll: :roll:
But ok.
She told me on the phone that she is having one little problem: none of her photos (the prints) have any technical faults. They are all good.
How is she going to decide which ones to show up here?
And hey: she is, indeed, speaking about showing some of her Namibia-photos here!!!!! Now that is quite something, don't you think?

And hey: my dad, young man of 75 years of age, was in Africa at the same time as my sister was (first two weeks of October), only was he in the north (Libya). With his bike. Cycling through the desert (with a group of other cyclists that he knows well and with whom he has been on many a trip to Arabia and so on - Jordan, Oman, Lebanon...). He had announced on the phone that his photographic outcome would not be so good, in all likelihood, for he felt he was losing his abilities, well, what with the almost total loss of his eyesight in one eye after his detached retina eye surgery, for example.

But then my sister told me on the phone that with his photos our dad was having quite a different problem.
ALL good!

Oh well.
I want to have SUCH problems ;) ;) ;).

Should I ask my dad to give me some prints for scanning and showing?

I think I need not post in the Friday-thread. I have already told you here what I am going to do on the weekend.
Who wants to see photos from Namibia then?
Or Libya (if I can manage that)?
If I can show her that there is some OVERWHELMING (!) interest on here, she might want to post even more seriously!?!?!

I want to see them! Tell her to share :D

That's one... OK :D

Ah. OK. Two.
Andrea has said earlier that she wants to see them. Goodie.
Can't wait to get to see them myself!
Three hours drive tomorrow and I`ll be there. Yay :lmao:

I want to see them, too! :) It sounds like it was an amazing trip!

And since they're all supposed to be good, I guess we DO what you'll be up to all weekend. Tell your sister thanks! :lol:

of course I do want to see those pictures!!!! all of them!!!!!

WooooooooW id love to see some! you go corrina.. get her to post them..
have a wonderful weekend :)

mentos_007 said:
... all of them!!!!!

MENTOS! :shock:
You must be kidding!
2800 photos ... :shock:

Well, I'm off to seeing her now. Shall be reporting in from her place then (don't you ever believe you could be without a mod about for too long, buahahaaa :fangs: ). Wish me a safe trip...

Have a safe trip. (See, I do as I'm told!)

I want to see the photo's too - I hope you're keeping count?
I agree you can't post all of them. Maybe just 1000? :D

Well, now I am here at my sister's and we have managed to look at the photos of her first 4 days in Namibia, leaves the remaining 10 days of the trip for tomorrow, and my eyes are sore!

This is also because I have been through all the 576 photos my dad took while cycling through Libya, and -yay!- could persuade him to let me have his albums overnight, so tomorrow I can scan a few of his photos to show them to you at some point in time next week.

But are eager to tell full stories of their adventures that go with the photos ... it does take a while to digest it all! Phew. I am tired. It is "tomorrow" in my country already ... 7 past midnight. Time for bed!

Wouldn't it be cool if you could post them all! Just little tiny thumnails of them all.... well of the digital files at least.

It wouldn't be hard to set up a batch resize in photoshop and then just watch the machine whir away until it was all done! Then you could collage them all!!

That would be really cool. :drool2:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back