My sister

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is an impromptu portrait. Neither of us had planned for me to take this photo. We were in a museum with a big window on one side, and light fell right onto her face while she was talking to my son. That is how this photo came about.

She saw it in the display of the camera and commented on it: "Hmmm! Old --- but interesting!"

I have not done ANYTHING about the photo, I converted it unchanged out of RAW into a jpeg and never used any PS on it, either. Rarely do I present SOOC-photos, but I mean to present you this. What do you say? "Old - but interesting"? ;)

christianemuseum.jpg

Now who is of the opinion that a photo of the kind needs some PS treatment? Or that she would have needed to apply make-up before (as I was saying, this is almost a candid photo out of a situation that had never asked for any make-up). Let me know (but don't say anything about the person as person. She is my sister!)

Good eye to see that lovely light on her face, and take the picture! I don't see age, I see experience and patience in her expression

I think that it is a great photo because of the lighting and framing which is almost perfect except for the ear that ended up being cut off. Especially so, considering it was not formally posed in a studio.

I would still add some finishing touches in Photoshop because of my attention to detail in portraits. I would try to reduce the sunburn on her nose and try to smooth out the transition between the part that is sunburned and the part that isn't. Cross lighting over-emphasizes skin and unfortunately does not contribute to even a semi-smooth look on anyone of any age. I would tend to use detail diffusion or the softening brush with a partial opacity to subtly soften the look in a few spots.

Other than that, it is certainly a shot that you and she will want to keep whether you decide to edit or not. By the way, if you do edit with the appropriate "subtle touch", she won't even be aware that anything was done to the image at all.

skieur

With great lighting and great framing, PS isn't so necessary. I find myself doing PP to almost every picture, but there are a few that I look at and say, "Gee, it just doesn't need anything." Nice shot!

Heres a face that I remember. Excellent shot Corinna! Its lovely from the capture to the framing and use of natural light. I think, it would have been perfect if you got the whole ear.

Please extend my regards.

I love natural light photos and I think this one is right on. I don't always think ps is necessary to enhance a photo, especially when one turns out just fine without it. I think it is pretty awesome for not having been planned ahead of time. I can never think of natural poses anyway and this one just happened. Cool........

I think this is a lovely portrait. The natural light is beautifully soft and her (not quite) profile gives the photo an overall thoughtful feel.

I think it's wonderful! She has such a peaceful look on her face and the light is just perfect.

Beautiful use of window light. A great portrait as is but a touch of softening and a little sharper in the eyes IMO would nail it.

Great Corinna. You caught the lighting conditions very well. Framing is everything you can do on PS for this kind of photo. Thanks for sharing.

:thumbup: I love it! I think its a great shot. Nice lighting and detail.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back