My sister

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi folks,

I finally got round to getting another scanner, so I can put a few pics up... I'm not going to stick this in the critique gallery because I know the lighting is poor, and the scan quality is a little dubious... so it's wound up here instead:

2237harriet.jpg

comments however are welcome.

Oh and here are two more from the same series.... my first roll of portrait shots ever! I need to get better lighting thats for sure:

2237harriet3.jpg

2237harriet2.jpg

Well...looks like you already know what to work on! I'd also say she needs more of an expression on her face...she looks kinda...blank.

Haha thats the norm for my sister to be fair... i'm working on getting some other people to model for me.

Hopefully the more people i shoot the better i'll get :s

this is a typical sister facial response to brother asking her to pose. :wink:

wow! She looks almost exactly like my friend! YAY! real tweens!

To me her eyes have the expression. You are definitely on to some thing here. Generally, flowers seem contrived. In this case they work well.

I suggest a white foamcore or posterboard bounce.

The first shot is great, maybe a bit o bright/contrast in PS but other than that keep em coming.

Shooting outside in full sun is rough, isn't it? I just finished shooting an outdoor wedding in Mississippi. Haze and bright light...ouch!!!! I had to shoot three or four shots per shot because everyone kept squinting. lol. Needless to say it will be the last time I use film at a wedding. :lol:

Most reactions

Back