1. magicmonkey

magicmonkey TPF Noob!

I've just started a gelleries site and I'd love any feedback on the photos anyone would care to give, constructive criticism gratefully recieved! Please come and have a look at http://www.photography.poijoy.com or click on the thingy on my signature.

Thanks in advance!

2. magicmonkey

magicmonkey TPF Noob!

Well I've just re-done the site, any comments on the new site would be more than welcome!

3. CMILLEY

CMILLEY TPF Noob!

Your site and pictures look great. If I may, I have two suggestions:

The text on the main page is a little too grey makes it a little hard to read, at least make your contact info stick out.

What's your full name? You should put that there, especially in the title bar. It'll come in handy down the road in case someone see's one of your photos in the wild and googles the name attached to it.

Otherwise awesome photos, it's in my morning coffee bookmark list.:thumbup:

4. magicmonkey

magicmonkey TPF Noob!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm working on it now, there should be anew site up in the next couple of hours!

Glad you like the pics as well :)

5. Lensmeister

Lensmeister TPF Noob!

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice styled site. What did you use to create it ?

6. magicmonkey

magicmonkey TPF Noob!

I used jalbum to create the site, you can play around with the templates in HTML and the relevant .CSS so that any customisations (sp) become a permenant change. it's a bit of a pain when it comes to uploading new content but not so much hassle that I'd resort to coppermine or anything!

7. ceecookie

ceecookie TPF Noob!

may i know if setting the camera to "Fireworks" photo mode will it capture the night flyover picture in ur webbie?
    It show 2.3" or 4.0" when i do so...dunno what it means...
    Slowest shutter speed i can achieve by using other mode "Flowing Water" and "Night Scene" is 1/8 and 1/6

does 2.3" and 4.0" means 2 and 4 second?

8. magicmonkey

magicmonkey TPF Noob!

if I remember rightly there was quite a bit of light around for that shot, by memory the settings were:

ISO: 200
    f11
    Shutter: 5 or 8 seconds

This was after I'd started off with a much wider apeture and longer exposure, When I got a few overexposed shots I just lowered the settings until I got a picture I was happy with.

9. ceecookie

ceecookie TPF Noob!

yea it means second....i might try to take the traffic lines shot if i have the time

10. magicmonkey

magicmonkey TPF Noob!

try to take as many shots as you can, I took dozens before I got 1 I was vaguely happy with!! If you're at the level of the cars then a lorry will usually look good as it gives another level to the traffic lines. I think that's about all the advice I have to give as I'm pretty new to the night photography thing myself.

11. ceecookie

ceecookie TPF Noob!

Ok i shall try some if i have the time

12. magicmonkey

magicmonkey TPF Noob!

That would all depend on the traffic speed and length of road you're shooting I suppose. So long as you're getting anough light onto the sensor, which 4 seconds should do, then you will be ok, you still won't see the cars even if they're still in frame when the shutter closes (well I didn't anyway!). If you have a tripod then take it with you, I ended up wandering around resting my camera on bridges etc which limited me a lot until I got the tripod but now I haven't had the chance to use it yet...