My Skating Kid needs fixin'

Parrotrosie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would anyone like to try fixing this image? It is my daughter, and it was originally shot in raw and converted to JPEG. I hate the blue dress on blue background, and is it slightly out of focus? Or just grainy? It was my first attempt with the Cannon D20, using a monopod , and whatever the hubby had the camera set to, which was apparently...poor setting for the situation.

IMG_5329.jpg

Tried to do some about this photo, but you are right, she is not tack sharp to begin with, and I could do nothing about the cropped off scate at the bottom.

But here's what I tried. I'm not the big photoshop whizz, though:

Parrotrosie_IMG_5329_myedit.jpg

Hey there,
Don't have much time at the moment, but I did something you may like and made her blue dress stand out even more. I sort of like it better this way. What do you think?

Click the thumbnail to enlarge...

Attachments

• $IMG_5329.jpg
    $IMG_5329.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 204
i tried...hopefully it'll be okay....i don't like too much space so i cropped out the top a little and saturated it a little....let me know what you think...

1. soft filter
IMG_5329a-1.png

2. No soft filter
IMG_5329a.png

WOW! I tried and tried with Adobe elements to make this shot tolerable and could not! You all came up with not one, but four decent fixes!

I like the contrasted background color change - makes her stick out more.

I like the greyscale background also, it pops out the subject of my photo.

I like the soft filter, makes me look like I meant to do that...LOL, but I like what you did with the second one better - it actually looks more focused...

Did you just bring up the saturation? What else did you do? I have quite a few like this that I would like to play around with but really had no clue where to begin.

I only have adobe elements on my computer...what program do you all use?

I have been using a point and shoot camera for years and going to the cannon 20D, I am feeling pretty newbish....thanks for the help!

Thanks so much for all the great results!

OH...one more question....for the three of you....how did you outline the subject? For example, how did you get the background into greyscale w/o the subject going the same?

I like the soft filter, makes me look like I meant to do that...LOL, but I like what you did with the second one better - it actually looks more focused...

I did a little more saturation and I also did the "unsharp mask" it's great for the "more focused" look <3 xooxoxoxox have fun! I used adobe photoshop <3 xoxooxox

here's my attempt to combine the elements of a few of the previous posts. sign colour change. softer feel, but still sharp. slightly desaturated background. and fixed her foot as my own addition. hope you like. this was a fun one. maybe you'd like a touch more contrast/saturation but i like the colours a bit softer. you can change them if you like.

Parrotrosie.jpg

WOW...you gave her a foot! And a mighty nice foot I might add...!

You guys are great! I can see I have a lot of work to do.....

I like all the reworks, for all different reasons! Thanks!

I tried using the unsharp mask tool, but it seemed to either get grainy looking or fake looking....none of these appear that way.

Thanks a bunch!:D

I did a quick desaturate of the whole shot, then I cropped some of the top off to give it more of a a rectangular look, then I used the history brush and painted her color back in!
Photoshop CS2!

Wyjid... How the... :loopy:

I like elements of all of them. Wyjid's foot of course, but LaFoto's yellow background and Melody's re-work really make her stand out too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back