Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Critque would be super helpful

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

Also a question - What would be the best settings to have it on for taking action shots? I mean super action shots like for horses Show jumping (i have a show jumping competition on the weekend and i'd love to get the best photos possible, Sorry total Nooob question!! LOL

Overall, its ok, nothing special "oh my G-d". But it is a start and there's ONLY room for improvement. There are thousands of books on lighting, cameras, photography, get one, get 10 and start learning.
Few of my favorite places are Strobist & Digital ProTalk.

Also a question - What would be the best settings to have it on for taking action shots? I mean super action shots like for horses Show jumping (i have a show jumping competition on the weekend and i'd love to get the best photos possible, Sorry total Nooob question!! LOL
best is subjective, as you'll learn, pretty much everything in photography is subjective. Nonetheless, some rules/guidelines exist. In sport photography, you want to capture action and isolating the subject DOING the action is a way to go. Thus fast shutter speed with shallow DoF (LARGE aperture = smallest f-number you lens can give you) is the way to go.
Set the camera to something like ISO400 (I don't know your camera and its Noise production abilities) shutter priority 1/200 or 1/400 and see what you get.

My recommendation is get out of Program mode. Otherwise its just what the camera wants rather than being art.

That said, if this is your first time, the second and last flower shot are great.

Overall, its ok, nothing special "oh my G-d". But it is a start and there's ONLY room for improvement. There are thousands of books on lighting, cameras, photography, get one, get 10 and start learning.
Few of my favorite places are Strobist & Digital ProTalk.

best is subjective, as you'll learn, pretty much everything in photography is subjective. Nonetheless, some rules/guidelines exist. In sport photography, you want to capture action and isolating the subject DOING the action is a way to go. Thus fast shutter speed with shallow DoF (LARGE aperture = smallest f-number you lens can give you) is the way to go.
Set the camera to something like ISO400 (I don't know your camera and its Noise production abilities) shutter priority 1/200 or 1/400 and see what you get.
Thanks heaps ill definatly have a play around with it tommorow (and should i add finish reading the instruction manual!! :lol:)
I might get my dog to jump stuff tommorow so i can pratice before sunday!!

Eventer,
New camera - congrats. Program is great to get out right away to see what your camera can give you initially, especially while you are getting the feel for holding/handling it. You do have some experience with taking pictures and you have been on the forum so you have some good tools to help you on your way.

While you are figuring out settings, say your rose for example, pop into A mode and try some different F numbers. Viewing the shots on your LCD screen will give you some idea of the DOF (how much is in focus) but you may not really see it well until it's on your computer. Digital is cheap once you have the camera so shoot away.

The same will go for you horse shows, pop into S, and try some different shutter speeds. It won't take long to figure where you need to be. Pre-focus on the jump and put camera into continuous shooting mode. Most of all, have fun. Oh, try to look past the horse and jump to anything in the background that you might not want into the shot.

thank heaps lvcrtrs, Thats was heaps of help - i had a good play around with it last night (Including the super slow shutter speed and writing an walls with a laser! that was a buzz!! Haha!)
Ill have another go today with different moses and see how they come out :D

Most reactions

Back