My Son, Landon

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
He is about to be 8 in March. Very good test subject.

PictureorVideo039bw.jpg

PictureorVideo027sepia.jpg

Last edited:
A wee bit dark, but great emotion in those shots! He looks so serious! Impressive kid you have there

I like the darkness. That coupled with his serious expression makes it look broody. Like he has something deep troubling his young mind.

Thanks for the compliments. I wanted the pictures to be on the darker side. I am begining to think that is my taste, especially in black and white.

Like the others have said, slightly dark, but I think it suits it. Try upping the contrast SLIGHTLY (don't go over board as most do). Should help him pop out more.

I agree with the others about it being slightly dark, but I like the photos none the less. He's a handsome young one. Nice to see a Landon.. thats the name my husband and I have picked out for our first boy.

Nice photography...you decide what's too dark or too light...that's part of the art!

I like the images, but I think it's a little dark. I took the liberty to edit it a bit. I tried not to go overboard, but I think it keeps the darker feeling while making him pop a tad.
eh2.jpg

Nate, what did you do in your editing?

My go at what this guy above tried to accomplish there..

landon.jpg

I am self-taught in photoshop, I use CS2 and I am so bad with knowing what stuff is technically called but I'll try to explain what I did.

In levels I adjusted from the left side inward a tad, and from the right side inward a tad as well.

Curves I brought down a tiny bit and I sharpened his eyes once over with the sharpen tool.

Hey awesome photos! i can never get photos of my kid brother without him pulling some crazy face! the only time i ever get good ones is when he doesnt know im taking the photo!! brilliant.

Thanks Nate. I liked your edit the best. I don't have CS4, I use elements. All I could do was lighten the shadows and increase contrast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back