My Son...Too Much Lens Flare?

wow i really like photo #1. I wouldnt clone any of the flare out, i think thats what makes the photo so unique.

I really like #1 with the flare. Great capture - where science & art don't always agree. ;)

Thanks for the comments!!! This was my first time trying to use lens flare..glad you guys like it :)

Yes, the lens flare works here. Unlike what a few might say, that phenomenon is not automatically a bad thing. This photo is an example of good lens flare.

The first one is great, exactly my taste. You might want to touch up the one little lens flare near his leg, but even that wouldn't change the image much.

I agree with the last two posters... I like the sun flare in the first shot. I think it adds to the shot, and is a creative touch.

Also, I will say I have never heard of the sun frying a camera because it's left in frame. I would think it wouldn't do anything to the camera at all, I mean, I might not do a bulb exposure for 30 minutes with it, but by all means practice with it. (if I'm wrong please let me know)

Thanks so much for the comments guys!! Once I get this camera insured I won't be so easy on it :). I just realized that this is my first thread with more than 3-5 replies :)

You know, if it were me, I'd probably take the 'blacks' slider in ACR and crank it up until the entire foreground is a silhouette. May or may not work, but that's probably how I'd approach the image if I wanted to change it at all. That being said... that's a lovely image, lens flare, sun in frame and all. It's wonderful as-is.

Thanks for the comment! I was also thinking about that and might give it a try.

Most reactions

Back