My son wanted to show off his new hat

dizzyg44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
He looked too sharp in it so I just had to take a quick pick while we were sitting at the coffee shop (plus I love testing my L-758)

Please C&C, I don't usually do B&W and would like to know how I did.......

3684817785_8f8fd763ef_b.jpg

Oh lord, he's looking way too old to be 6
3684820143_143a14c51f_b.jpg

Well, I hate to disappoint you but that first one is just wonderful.

If you check out my posts you'll find I'm no fan of afterwards cropping but I'll make an exception in your case :lol: I would crop that band of vertical lines at the top (quite a bit annoying to my eye while cutting off the hat somewhat doesn't bother me) and also crop some of right hand side so as to bring your son more center. I feel like centering on the tip of his nose for some reason but it seems impossible without cropping his ear so, instead, center on his eye on the right, maybe, and let's see it again.

B&W wise it is also a very nice photo. Your tones are right on. Nice details in both the light and dark areas. The biggest problem I see is his shoulder on the right and you would take care of that by the crop I suggested.

Beautiful light in his eyes and an equally beautiful "why am I a star" smile if that makes any sense to any one but myself.

#2 is just blah to me. No spark in his eyes; darn cell phone; and an expression on his face that is 1% of the first one.

Good job. Can I hire him as a model?

His eyes are really bright and you captured it. I like the 2nd one most.

Well, I hate to disappoint you but that first one is just wonderful.

If you check out my posts you'll find I'm no fan of afterwards cropping but I'll make an exception in your case :lol: I would crop that band of vertical lines at the top (quite a bit annoying to my eye while cutting off the hat somewhat doesn't bother me) and also crop some of right hand side so as to bring your son more center. I feel like centering on the tip of his nose for some reason but it seems impossible without cropping his ear so, instead, center on his eye on the right, maybe, and let's see it again.

B&W wise it is also a very nice photo. Your tones are right on. Nice details in both the light and dark areas. The biggest problem I see is his shoulder on the right and you would take care of that by the crop I suggested.

Good job. Can I hire him as a model?

Haha, Georgia ain't that far from Charleston :lol:

Better?
3684911949_646b19a6e6_b.jpg

or ?

3685731100_d1c28b8a4b_b.jpg

True, but it was the best I could do while maintaining 8x10 as I like to print in this size for portraits....just my preference

I could've done it as you mentioned if I wasn't constraining to those dimensions

Most reactions

New Topics

Back