My Son's Graduation

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It is my son's graduation today and in about half an hour we need to be on our way (and he still hasn't had breakfast, nor is he fully dressed as yet :shock: ). And tonight we'll go to the ball, in "elegant evening robes" (as was requested on the invitations) - so I had to get a new "elegant evening robe" for myself ... since I no longer fit into anything I once fitted in 20 years ago :roll:

This is all quite a bit exciting.
But here in Germany, the students don't wear robes and hats for their graduation, they just dress nicely (shirt, tie, jacket), which makes all the difference, since - no school uniforms! - they usually go to school in VERY casual clothes. ;)

I hope for a good seat so I can get a photo of the headmaster handing him his graduation certificate ("Abitur").

Tell your son con"grad"ulations. :)

Where I am, we don't have dances except for one a year (prom) which one one actually dances at. They show up, stay for two hours, then leave and get drunk. We Americans as a whole are for some reason opposed to dancing, but we love drinking to the point of unconsciousness!

And dressing up, forget it! My parents (along with everyone else's) wore bluejeans and a tee-shirt to my graduation, which was held in the school gymnasium :) But I think its cool you show this much respect for someone completing their education.

Have a great day today. Remember when you're half way through the night and your feet hurt from those uncomfortable dress shoes, that you're probably making your son very happy!

Have a great day/evening. You must be very proud!

Congratulations to both of you!!

Congratulations to Florian! Graduation is certainly one of the milestones in life.

Have fun, and we hope to see pics of you in your elegant evening robe. And Florian in his dressy clothes

Oh yes, congratulations to your son! What a wonderful milestone!

...and we hope to see pics of you in your elegant evening robe. And Florian in his dressy clothes

Thank you all! :D
We're home (swim meet tomorrow that I must photograph from beginning to end, and Sabine must take part). Florian's still there.

The photos are here .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back