My starter work in Montana <3

Elijahsnap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I Miss Montana a lot.

#1: (Wyoming)Must post as a link for space sake.

and......

#2:
dsc02574bu0.jpg

Tell me what you think. Constructive criticism is excepted.;)

Last edited:
The 2nd one (the one I can see), makes me feel like I'm sliding off of my chair. It that tilt intentional? I'm not really liking it and I can't really get past it, to enjoy the rest of the image.

:) Sorry about that. No, it's not intentional. Although in my own defense I was rather rushed at the time. I was hanging outside the window of my car to catch that picture. Perhaps a rotation and crop on Photoshop will make that better?

Yes, that would probably help :lol:

In future, take your time...set up a tripod, consider your composition carefully...this scene has a lot of potential.

Alright, I got nothing but time. For now I will crop that second picture of mine. Sadly, I ain't going back to Montana for a while.

Anyone who can see that link to the first one, I would appreciate some critique for that one.

Great scenery! I love it out that way. Hope to make it back soon too.

Here's a better pic of it for those of you that couldn't see it in the first post.

Click on it to see it enlarged. FYI.

The first one is interesting but here are some suggestions:
1. Use the Highlights and shadows tool to brighten the mountains and slightly darken the sky.
2. I don't think the railing adds anything to the photo. Would it have been possible to move to a position where the gravestone is larger and the mountains are more visible but the railing is cut out? Possibly somewhere beside the stone?
3. The gravestone or whatever that is interesting but a bit distracting. Take a picture with an emphasis on either the mountains or stone or one where the stone is amid the mountains but there is a more clear subject and message

The second image had some potential if you just carefully composed. No tripod needed (come on, in daytime they are just a hindrance) but if it was straight and given a clear subject it had the potential to be a very good photo.

I need to do that. I could stand to take some more photos anyways. My problem is time. Time is money for me. Thanks for the critique, Sultan!

Most reactions

Back