My Stolen Gun Was Recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. My preference. Thanks for pointing that out.

But, we are not entitled to protect ourselfs as we see fit. There are laws. A sense of entitlement is why most triggers are pulled and why there are more guns than people in North America.

......But, we are not entitled to protect ourselfs as we see fit. .........

You obviously have forgotten your history.

Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights....

Ten of those inalienable Rights endowed by our Creator are codified in the Bill of Rights. The 2nd Amendment, therefor, doesn't entitle me to anything. But my right to defend myself was granted to me by my Creator.

Yep. My preference. Thanks for pointing that out.

But, we are not entitled to protect ourselfs as we see fit. There are laws. A sense of entitlement is why most triggers are pulled and why there are more guns than people in North America.

And yet *legally* owned firearms represent well under 1% of the firearm related murders in our country. Because legal gun owners generally represent a very responsible segment of the population, and criminals don't obtain their weapons legally anyway.

Most triggers pulled in America are by criminals who illegally obtained the weapon, and the OP's scenario is a perfect example of this.

You're right there are laws. Laws to protect my right to defend myself how I see fit. There are also consequences in place for those who pull the trigger in situations where it wasn't justified. The system has laws to protect those on both sides of a firearm, as it should be.

Yours didnt yet Sparky, but the OPs did.

Anyway Im bowing out its a stupid argument, have a good night all and no, I don't really a ^{#% bout guns to be arguing. Theres guns everwhere, I get it. I do have a perspective as well as everyone else does too.

My gun will never kill someone, thats all I know.

Yours didnt yet Sparky,...

Yet? You honestly believe they will? You think when I go to the gun show this weekend some evil gun is just gonna jump up and kill me?

but the OPs did.........

Really? So the DA filed murder charges against the gun? How did they handcuff the gun? Who read the gun it's Miranda rights? Who is going to represent the gun when it goes to trial?

......My gun will never kill someone, thats all I know.

Yet, according to you..... it will. Terribly judgemental of you to say MY guns WILL kill someone, but magically you know YOURS WON'T.

Last edited:
Me, I work in public safety. I'm familiar with how long it takes the police to respond to my house.............

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away!

One of the problems is that when seconds count, the people involved take minutes before they decide to ask for help

Really, guys? Like you think this discussion will lead anywhere but off the rails?

From the TPF guidelines (for many, many years):

* While images containing firearms depicted for the sake of art are permitted, discussion of firearms and related politics is not. Like politics and religion, it is another “hot button” topic that can lead to inflammatory discussion. Such discussion posts will be removed by the moderating team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back