My Stuff:

Snaggles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I uploaded some of my shots to Flickr, what do I do to get them on here? Can I just right-click --> copy address?

Then you can begin criticizing me! :thumbdown:

Go to the all sizes page, choose medium and copy the address under the HTML. In the reply box click the insert image box (with the mountains and sun) and paste the link.

Does that make any sense? :lol:

Yeah that's sounds pretty cut-and-dry. Thanks!

2747801908_e6a635704a.jpg

2746963119_25f6b0c7d4.jpg

2747754030_8481a2d77a.jpg

Alright those are a good few to start with. I shot those all last spring when I first got my camera. Still hadn't even begun to mess with aperture, shutter speed or rule of thirds. I still like the shots a lot though, somehow the exposure was always great.

The exposure isn't bad, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's great. You were at a bit of a disadvantage in that you had a very dark background (the dirt and leaves) contrasting with the bright of the bone. If you look at the white areas, esp. the rear area of the skull, the upper-most ribs, and the petals of the flowers, there's very little detail in them, meaning that in fact, they're over-exposed, probably by about 1/2 - 2/3 of a stop. These images would have benefited greatly from some fill-flash to illuminate the background a little and even out the exposure.

What the heck is that; bones from a dead dog?

The bones were the remains of a deer. When I first started out taking shots, I would take out the ATV and go for 1 or 2 hour rides all over fields and people's property. How could I use fill in flash? Wouldn't any flash just make the bones and flowers even brighter? Flash is still something I haven't tried yet. I hooked up mine to my camera before I loaded my last roll, like I've been meaning to do for so long, and tried to figure out what all the little slides and timing mean by taking shots w/out film. I still don't get it.

The bones were the remains of a deer. When I first started out taking shots, I would take out the ATV and go for 1 or 2 hour rides all over fields and people's property. How could I use fill in flash? Wouldn't any flash just make the bones and flowers even brighter? Flash is still something I haven't tried yet. I hooked up mine to my camera before I loaded my last roll, like I've been meaning to do for so long, and tried to figure out what all the little slides and timing mean by taking shots w/out film. I still don't get it.

When I used the term "fill flash" I really should have said "Off-camera fill flash" meaning a flash that is located somewhere away from the camera, but is triggered by the camera, either through a wire or wireless connection. For this particular scene, I think a diffuser would have helped as well; that would have softend the light, providing a more even overall illumination and avoided the harsh reflections from the bones.

Ok, I'm gonna scan up some of my more recent pictures, I think you will like those more. They'll be a little while though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back