my style C&C

I am not a fan of photoshopped pictures, minor touchup is ok, but anything else doesnt impress me. Sorry

I am not a fan of photoshopped pictures, minor touchup is ok, but anything else doesnt impress me. Sorry

Ohhhhh...you're one of those...:roll:

Last edited:
Same for me guys. Photoshope is a wonderfuly creative tool. Not just for editing pictures, but also creating pictures. I like to take a picture of something and turn it into something completly different like an abstract. I for one love photoshope, I love HDR's and I even like a little sepia once in a while.LOL. :lmao:
It seems to me that there a some photography snobs on TPF! JK
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some eyes are just a lot bigger.:bigangel:

The way I see it, anyone can heavily photoshop an image to "look" nice, but why not learn how to take the picture correctly in the first place?

very cool i have an old brass petzval lens that does this except its sharp in the center, i posted an image made with the petzval lens and was accused of photoshopping, I will post an image made with it later, very neat effect.

The way I see it, anyone can heavily photoshop an image to "look" nice, but why not learn how to take the picture correctly in the first place?

why can't you start with a nice image and edit it to get the end result you want?

pssst.....it's called "art" ;)

and for the record....CLEARLY not "anyone" can photoshop an image to make it look nice. (not a dig at OP)

You ARE one of those. I often do a lot of PP, to get the look I want. I do start with an image taken correctly in the first place. I don't use photoshop to get my image to look nice, I use it as another tool, to get the image to say what I want, to achieve looks that could not be done in camera.

Feel free to be the purist that you are. But don't you dare use any editing software to correct a horizon line, crop an image, increase contrast, sharpen, or anything else. Just send your work immediately to the printer. I am going to guess that you have no formal education in the arts.

So continue your photography hobby as you see fit, but please, don't criticise other peoples work based on your standard of what you think photography should be as an end result.

yeah, I would be willing to bet a rather large sum that this was done on PS it looks like a quick star or pinch drawn from the bottom of the bench up and out of frame to the top right.

This wouldn't be a zoom blur primarily because a zoom blur will be coming in from all angles, or it would be somewhat wavy. In addition, if it were zoom blur the pole wouldn't be straight.

Most reactions

Back