my style C&C

Feel free to be the purist that you are. But don't you dare use any editing software to correct a horizon line, crop an image, increase contrast, sharpen, or anything else.

These edits might fall into the category of "minor touchup" which Tulsa feels are ok.

If the OP didn't want opinions then he shouldn't post here. If others are offended by opinions that differ from there own, then perhaps they shouldn't read them.

BJ, I would hazzard that your photoshop edits don't fall into the novelty play effects category so I wouldn't take this so personally.

My 2 cents.

This wouldn't be a zoom blur primarily because a zoom blur will be coming in from all angles, or it would be somewhat wavy. In addition, if it were zoom blur the pole wouldn't be straight.

Zoom blur also doesn't create lens flare with no apparent light source.

I think that there is no doubt at all that Photoshop (or similar) was used.
That's totally fine with me.

I'm not sure what to make of this picture though... It is kinda cool, but I think the lens flare is taking away from it. Maybe if there was something to suggest where the light was coming from...

BJ, I would hazzard that your photoshop edits don't fall into the novelty play effects category so I wouldn't take this so personally.

My 2 cents.

if tulsa said "anyone can add preset filters to an image"...fine. im on board with that.
where tulsa erred on the side of "elitest", was when he/she said "anyone can heavily photoshop an image to "look" nice"

...and then went on to make the assumption that making the image "correct" in the camera is the only way to go.

I suppose I didn't read so much into Tulsa' statement.

In realizing their vision for the image, the photographer SHOULD make it as correct as possible in-camera. What you do afterward is a matter of taste and philosophy. And if that makes me an elitist... well I've been called worse. :D

I can take snapshots with my iPhone and give them some pretty wacky effects. That doesn't mean I'm going to put it up here for C&C.

Feel free to be the purist that you are. But don't you dare use any editing software to correct a horizon line, crop an image, increase contrast, sharpen, or anything else.

These edits might fall into the category of "minor touchup" which Tulsa feels are ok.
Get it perfect in camera. Manipulation is manipulation. People shouldn't draw arbitrary lines of what is "acceptable". [edit]

If the OP didn't want opinions then he shouldn't post here. If others are offended by opinions that differ from there own, then perhaps they shouldn't read them.
If poeples opinions differ from the OP, they shouldn't post them. Rediculous argument here.

My 2 cents.
I haven't seen the OP become overly argumentative, defending himself against you lot.
he seems to take it in stride, gleen what he needs, and carries on.

I am not taking it personally. I can't stand it when some one else belittles someone elses creativity. I have more respect for this kid than most of the "beginner" posters here. He experiments, he is thinking creatively. He's young, he'll improve. He may take photography further than any of you/us.

Last edited:
I think that there is no doubt at all that Photoshop (or similar) was used.
That's totally fine with me.

I'm not sure what to make of this picture though... It is kinda cool, but I think the lens flare is taking away from it. Maybe if there was something to suggest where the light was coming from...

I made that statement not realizing that there were two more pages of people talking about it :blushing:. I try to read through a thread before responding, but I forgot this time.

If poeples opinions differ from the OP, they shouldn't post them. Rediculous argument here.

I'm afraid I'm not tracking. So if our opinion differs from or is critical of the OP, then we shouldn't post?

I'm afraid I'm not tracking. So if our opinion differs from or is critical of the OP, then we shouldn't post?

It was obviously meant to be ironic.

Gotcha. Like I said, I obviously wasn't tracking. So I guess we were in agreement on that point.

It is interesting to see which threads get the most play around here. Post a controversial Photochopped pic or a careless snapshot and you are guaranteed to get 10 responses.

Nothing against the OP and sorry for the diversion. Back on topic.

This is not a photographic style, its a pp style, sorry but for me its just a photo that has a photoshop effect

Uh, he never stated it was a 'photographic style'.

Most reactions

Back