my tampa trip................*56k BEWARE*

sobi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so i went down to the city today to snap a few pics. ended up being ALOT of pics. :lol: here they are a few basic groups. now before i go into them, while shooting this metal sculpture, some guy asked what i was doing it for. I told him just for fun at the moment and he offered to take me to the top of the building we were at the bottom of since he worked there.

the sculpture.
sculpture_metal.jpg

sculpture_huh.jpg

the building we went into.......really like this shot. :)

tampa9.jpg

the view

tampa8.jpg

tampa7.jpg

tampa6.jpg

tampa5.jpg

tampa4.jpg

tampa3.jpg

tampa2.jpg

tampa1.jpg

following those, I left the building and got some pictures in a nearbye park. to see them, go here...... http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21809#21809
figured i should split it up so this post can be viewed by people who dont own a T1 line with a 8623459786 gig processor. :lol:

:)

hi sobi,
cool post, you even managed to make my adsl suffer a bit :)

My fav's here are the first two of the abstract spiral, building in picture 8 and the last one.

The 2nd abstract spiral looks photoshoped, very cool...how did you do this?

The last one looks like you were very close to the ground to take that shot. Cool shot

Anyways, good stuff mate - thanks for sharing!

nice shots. the spiral is nice and you also had some good attempts at the people in the boats. Too bad the lighting wasn't better for the water shots.

But dude, that is one big post!

vonnagy said:
hi sobi,
cool post, you even managed to make my adsl suffer a bit :)

My fav's here are the first two of the abstract spiral, building in picture 8 and the last one.

The 2nd abstract spiral looks photoshoped, very cool...how did you do this?
The last one looks like you were very close to the ground to take that shot. Cool shot

Anyways, good stuff mate - thanks for sharing!

if i remember correctly, which i dont think i do :wink: , I'm pretty sure that was negative exposure (like the first spiral) mixed with either sephia or a white balance. This was all done on the camera. no photoshop. :) Actually the one with the rower (3rd from the bottom) was photoshopped a lil to get more color. Only that one though. :)

very nice photos :D ... even though i got the "beachball" (MAC user's lingo) :p

#1, 3 and the a last are my favorites. But on the last photo I think you should crop off the out of focus portion on the bottom. I think it detracts from the image.

Oh, and could you add a [56k beware] or something tag on the title of your post.

Great work!

i have never heard of the Rowdy Roddie Piper movies but now i know where a line in "dazed and confused" came from.

when mike, tony, and the red head are first walking into the beer blast, a guy says to mike after a comment about "smoking marijuana", "i came here to do 2 things, drink beer and kick some ass, and it looks like we're almost out of beer".

anyone else remember that ?? very cool movie.

Most reactions

Back