My Terrarium

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by Sabine, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Sabine

Sabine TPF Noob!

Some pics more of my snakes...hf :)

1.) [​IMG]

So my Terraium shines when it´s dark in my room.

2.)
    [​IMG]
    That´s one pic of my snake

3.)
    [​IMG]
    And that´s another. I don´t know at the moment, if that´s the other snake.

Well, some information about them:
    - Ther´ye male
    - They´re brothers
    - Country of origin: Taiwan
    - latin name: Orthriophis taeniura friesei
    - english name: ???? I only know the german name
    - Food: little mice, chicks, later rats
    - maximum size: 2,80 m (in captivity most often much smaler)

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey SABINE!!!
    Long time no see!
    (Well, here on TPF, that is! :greenpbl: )

You had a bit of a play with the Powershot the other day, I can see?
    I like the outcome of the "working with the available light only" photo of the terrarium being the only light source in your room. Did you also "steal" my little tripod for it?????? Or where did you rest the camera to hold it still?

Ha, cool to see you got that one photo of "The big snake" or "The smaller snake" with its tongue out :D. Nice one!

I think, "The smaller snake" will soon overtake "The big snake", what with the four mice it ate yesterday (and his "big" brother simply and adamently refusing to touch the "mice on ice" - defrosted and warmed up, of course, folks!!!). You might have to go get "The big snake" a living mouse, unethical as it may be, just so he eats...!?!?!?

I wonder what Daan says about it?
    Or other snake owners?
    For Lars (my cousin, who had these two hatch in his home) started to feed them with live mice only, so they are quite trained ... though the one - as showed yesterday - was not very adhering to what he first learned, while the other clearly was!

3. Antarctican

Antarctican TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    An interesting thread, Sabine. I've never owned a snake, so now I know what a terrarium setup for a snake looks like. And good reflexes on shot #3, to get it with its tongue darting out.

If they can grow to 2.8m, how big are they now? And roughly how big is the terrarium?

4. doenoe

doenoe TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Looks pretty cool Sabine :)
    Are they both in the same terrarium? Cause if they are both males, wont they get into fights or something. Also, when one gets sick, how will you know which one it is? Personally i would never put 2 snakes together, but thats just me.
    4 mice eh, big eater :). Maybe you can try and give it a rat. I heard there is more nutrition in those. Dont be affraid of it being too fat to eat, snakes can eat rats 1.5 fatter then their girth (you can feed fatter than that, but most people will keep the 1.5)
    Oh, if it doesnt take a rat, you can try and rub a mouse on the rat and try it. Worked for me when i started feeding it rats. Mine was also fed life mice before i got it. But when i tried frozen it took the mice in an instant. Later on rat, but she didnt go for it. So tried the scenting trick and it worked.
    Good luck with your little beauties :)

5. Sabine

Sabine TPF Noob!

Well, "the big one" has taken ONE mouse on ice :p...at least :) ..... Rats are still a little too large for the snakes...but i will keep in mind the trick about rubbing a mouse against a rat. thx
    An they don´t get into fights...they huddle up close :greenpbl:

Their maximum size is 2,80 m , but when thy live in captivity they´re mostly shorter, about 2m I think...
    At the moment is the Terrarium
    Length x Width x Height 120cm x 60cm x 80cm (that´s the inside measurements)
    I don´t know if the Terrarium has to become bigger when the snakes become bigger:scratch:????!!!!!!!!!