My three year slump

AdamK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It has been close to three years since I lost complete interest in photography, the basic entry level kit I was using has ever since been collecting dust in the attic.

I can't exactly put it down to a singularity why I suddenly lost interest in the art I loved, the fact I had no money for better kit or the fact I was stuck for time or even for the matter of lack of understanding in what I was doing with no real hand to guide me; heading no where, only to produce mediocre photographs. Whatever it was I hung my camera and forgot about it.

Skip to this year when I stumbled upon my flickr account and was flicking through my old photographs, I the started looking at old friends photographs to where they are today on here and on flickr, seeing why I first fell in love, the spark ignited. I had a desire to start off where I began but my dslr was needing some work, too expensive for what it was worth, the lenses though were still mint as I left them.

Many hours of looking at forums, guides and photographers websites the spark I had turned to a flame and I had to get a new camera. Ebay searches turned up cameras I weren't interested in until I found a Sony A900 with a monolta 28mm F2.0 original lens. I entered a bid and lo and behold I won it! I was excited to get out and get shooting. The camera arrived and before the postman could knock on the door I had the camera unwrapped and booted up.

The slump is over and my flame has returned.

This was the first real photograph I took with it that I was proud of: Fireworks Flickr - Photo Sharing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back