my time lapse

wesd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbywesley.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are my first two time lapse videos I made in photo shop. For the shooting I used my powershot S3is (P&S) instead of useing my canon 20D (slr) to save shutter clicks on my 20D. I shot all of the pictures in manual so you get a better representation in the changeing of light paterns through the whole length of both videos. I also had used the cameras internal interval metor to time it to shoot once per minute, and stabilized the camera on a tripod.

http://www.photosbywesley.com/outlink/backyard1.mp4
Backyard1.mp4 : 100 shots 10 frames/second
Manual
F/5.6
shutter: 1/2500

http://www.photosbywesley.com/outlink/daytonight.mp4
daytonight.mp4 : 100 shots 10 frames/second
Manual
F/5.6
shutter: 1/1600
Let me know what you guys think
Pease
Wes

Last edited:
ejazzle: ya I was just venting a little, it seems like some people around here are snobs, some people are cool. I mean I am good and still learning and what I do learn I like to share with other people. BUt it seems like if you are not one of the (super) shooters noone cares. But anyway peace.
Wes

I can't see them... I'll keep trying.

Also, how'd you make them? I tried doing something similar using Windows Movie Maker on several hundred pics I took during a camping trip. I didn't know you could do sch a thing on photoshop!

when you are in the (open) dialog box, check off open as sequence, and click the first file, then open. It will give you the option of how many frames persecond, 30 fps is the defualt. Click ok. Then export to video under the file menu. YOu will get the hang of it quick, il have to check out my link to see why it doesnt work.
Wes

i thought they were cool as hell! i was just tryin to lighten the mood a little.

You have inspired me to do a TL today!

they won't play for me either. But seriously, no need to freak out because nobody viewed them within the 2 hours you had them up.

so what you mother truckers never have anyting to day about my work or something???
Wes

No, we truckers are a snobbish breed, we often don't "day" about works, especially with reactions like this. If you have the patience to setup a timelapse as such, have the patience to wait one day before a simple bump, or leave.

No, we truckers are a snobbish breed, we often don't "day" about works, especially with reactions like this. If you have the patience to setup a timelapse as such, have the patience to wait one day before a simple bump, or leave.
I hear ya, sometimes i get a little frusterated i guess, but thanks evryone.
Wes

Wtf in 2 hours? Did you even check the view count before you decided to vent and insult us? 99% of the forum wouldn't have seen the thread and of those that did half of them probably didn't want to download a movie or know how to play an mp4.

Then of the few who looked at it some may not have bothered with the lower than youtube resolution and the fact one of them hasn't even been rotated upright. <- That's my critique. I couldn't see much of anything. Reprocess them at a higher quality, but even then don't expect a reply within 2 hours.

Nice, but do they really need that incredibly intrusive 'watermark'?

Are you going to try some plant/flower shots?

Cliched, I know but they are very effective.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back