My Trash The Dress session is up!

Reaction score
Website
www.ikandiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I posted about a TTD session a few weeks ago and we did the shoot yesterday. This girl was married for 8 months and is in the process of a divorce, so she was excited to trash her dress, not to mention that her 1 yr anniversary would have been today so she was that much more excited to never see the dress again. We shot for about 5 hours (longest shoot ever besides a Wedding) but we captured some great shots. I have them up in my client proofing. I know a few of you wanted me to post them. I still have a million more to go through, but this is enough for now. Go to www.ikandiphotography.com Client proofing and the password is - ttd
Would love your feedback! This was my first time shooting something like this and I think its my new favorite thing to shoot! :D

Not to nitpick, but do you have written permission to use that audio? You should be cautious in your use of copyrighted audio just as with copyrighted images - the RIAA is not overly friendly about that sort of thing...

- Randy

Not to nitpick, but do you have written permission to use that audio? You should be cautious in your use of copyrighted audio just as with copyrighted images - the RIAA is not overly friendly about that sort of thing...

- Randy

Seriously? Do you send that note to everyone with a website that has music? Don't know if it makes a difference, but I purchased the download.
*** Out of curiosity, when your puchase music from another site, does it make it legal?? And if not, is all music on websites downloaded illegally? Never looked into that much

Last edited:

- Randy

Seriously? Do you send that note to everyone with a website that has music? Don't know if it makes a difference, but I purchased the download.
*** Out of curiosity, when your puchase music from another site, does it make it legal?? And if not, is all music on websites downloaded illegally? Never looked into that much

What license was the music you purchased released under? Even if it was CC (I don't know the song, don't have speakers), it's a violation of the terms.

http://creativecommons.org/choose/music

- Randy

As an information professional, I do indeed tell people when they may be violating laws that they don't know of or understand, for their own protection. The ability to rebroadcast of copyrighted music is not included most license agreements with the public. Radio stations have special agreements with copyright owners to pay royalties based on the number of times the song is played. Commercial websites that use copyrighted music pay for that privilege specifically. I'm no expert on statistics of this type of thing, but in my personal experience much of the music on personal web sites is copyrighted, but because they are non-commercial sites they only get cease-and-desist letters occasionally. Commercial sites, having the potential, or at least the perceived potential, to pay larger fines often get more attention. Again, I wasn't try to be a (Potty Mouth), I'm just trying to keep people from getting nasty legal wake-up calls...

- Randy

- Randy

As an information professional, I do indeed tell people when they may be violating laws that they don't know of or understand, for their own protection. The ability to rebroadcast of copyrighted music is not included most license agreements with the public. Radio stations have special agreements with copyright owners to pay royalties based on the number of times the song is played. Commercial websites that use copyrighted music pay for that privilege specifically. I'm no expert on statistics of this type of thing, but in my personal experience much of the music on personal web sites is copyrighted, but because they are non-commercial sites they only get cease-and-desist letters occasionally. Commercial sites, having the potential, or at least the perceived potential, to pay larger fines often get more attention. Again, I wasn't try to be a (Potty Mouth), I'm just trying to keep people from getting nasty legal wake-up calls...

- Randy

I appreciate the info. I'll see how I can legally have music, if there is a way. I'll read the other link on the post above. That just sucks because IMO, music gives a photo a whole different feeling. They just feel boring to me without the music playing =(

In other times, it wouldnt be an issue... In fact some people in the past were actually praised for their music choices. But with napster and the highlight of the RIAA and thier venomous persute of the issue.. times get tricky.

I appreciate the info. I'll see how I can legally have music, if there is a way. I'll read the other link on the post above. That just sucks because IMO, music gives a photo a whole different feeling. They just feel boring to me without the music playing =(

Sorry to provide only off-topic comments in your thread :er:, but I totally agree that presentation has a strong impact on how people view any piece of art. And, as the creator, you should be able to present it the way you want it to be seen. Sadly, it's not always easy to do so. Also, thanks for understanding why I said what I did above :cheers:

- Randy

The first thing I did when I got there was muted my speakers. So much for listening to The Gathering while looking. A mute button would be nice.

Pretty cool session. I would prefer fire though. FIRE!!! BURNT IT ALL!!! >.>

Some great shots in there. I like the one where she is sitting the hallowed out dirt mound. It took a few shot of me going "oh my is her neck ever wrinkly....why put so much focus on the problem area with that pose?" Then I realized it was artistic dirt. LOL

Some great shots in there. I like the one where she is sitting the hallowed out dirt mound. It took a few shot of me going "oh my is her neck ever wrinkly....why put so much focus on the problem area with that pose?" Then I realized it was artistic dirt. LOL

LOL You're sooo right! I actually noticed that as I was going through them. It didnt look that bad in person and here in the photos, it looks like neck/chest fat. ugh So funny

closed your site as soon as the first four bars played, as, I think many do, I love sounds but I listen to my own when browsing, so no pics comments. H

Most reactions

Back