My trip to the thrift store

Boz Mon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was Halloween costume shopping today, and instead of buying what I was out to get, I got 2 instant cameras. 1 Polaroid Spirit 600 Land camera, and this Kodamatic Champ instant camera.
dsc0003er8.jpg

They both seem to work fine, but neither have flashes. I am confused about the kodamatic for 2 reasons.
1. when I click the shutter, there is a red light, a small click, and it shoots these out:
dsc0004pp4.jpg

I assume I am doing something wrong, or the film is just way outdated?

2. I cannot figure out if this stuff is made. I assume its not, but I called Kodak, and they said that there was a lawsuit between them and polaroid and kodak does not make it because they lost. I called polaroid, and they "dont make film for kodak cameras"

So anyone know about this thing?

Does anyone know if the kodak film is still made? The pack that was in the camera is called Kodamatick Instant Color Film HS144-10

Does/will any company make such cameras? I always wanted to have a Polaroid to.. you know, carry around and take photos of people and then give it to them o.o

Yea, They have been. I don't know why.. I would love to have a Polaroid.

I mean the film itself has been discounted :( Which makes it very difficult to use one unfortunately. ;)

the film that goes into the kodak camera I got is instant film, but it isnt the same as the polaroid 600

discounted. Oy vay. It has been a long day. I meant discontinued. Anyways, I am glad to hear Fuji is till somewhat in the business :)

So the film for my kodak camera is no longer being made, yes? Also, I work at walgreens and we are still getting polaroid 600 in our orders. I just bought a pack today

Oh goodness, I need to just shut my trap. Rereading it I see where you got the idea Battou that I was saying that they are 'going out of business' - what I was intending to say was that I am glad to see that someone (Fuji) is still investing in this niche market of business when others have dropped out. I love their colour film :) I wouldn't be bashing them

Oh goodness, I need to just shut my trap. Rereading it I see where you got the idea Battou that I was saying that they are 'going out of business' - what I was intending to say was that I am glad to see that someone (Fuji) is still investing in this niche market of business when others have dropped out. I love their colour film :) I wouldn't be bashing them

Well, to be honest with ya, Fuji is all I got in this aria, I have to travle fifty miles to get a roll of Kodak, but if I am going that far I may as well go across that town and get Ilford...I'm a little disgruntled is all.

watch out ,a disgruntled shopper!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back