My Two New Kittens

nomotiv4all

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi , Im a New photography student going to Pasadena College any comments tips etc that can help me are greatly appreciated

These are my two new kittens . Pics taken with Sony P31 2.0mp.

TwoFace.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

twoface2.jpg

Please Critique the pictures. Thankyou

-Juan[/b]

They are so cute! :) I bet they keep you busy when they're running around playing!

Your first image, the B&W, is really the standout for me. It has the best tones, while the 2 color shots look a bit soft. The flash seems a little harsh in the second image - I think you might have been too close to him, since his little face is a little cut off from the frame, as well. Look at your nice composition in the first image - try more like that.

THankyou Terri , for your kind words .I plan on staying around these boards for a long time. since photog is quickly becoming one of my passions along with Psychology , maybe i can somehow conbine the two. and im B&W photography , which i understand is your specialty if im not mistaken.

the second pic got cut off because:
A: i now realize i was too close.
B: He was moving around so much i was lucky to get these pictures at all.
C: my current equipment (sony p31) isnt the most adjustable camera (not blaming equipment at all though)

im looking to purchase a good first slr to learn on and use for some time to come. Any advice? , Suggestions. my budget is about 400 lense and body.
They are about 3 weeks old i was told. Very Active!! LOL

eh go to occ instead of pasedena for photo... im goin there next semester F&%^ i gonna be a freshmen in college!!! damn thats scary for me but yea if you really wanna get serious about photo w/o goin to a 4 year school right away OCC is the best photo program around! but prob to much of a drive from pasedena haha oh well its like 30 mins from my house but i will not go to saddlecrack (the jc like 5 mins from my house)

nomotiv4all said:
THankyou Terri , for your kind words .I plan on staying around these boards for a long time. since photog is quickly becoming one of my passions along with Psychology , maybe i can somehow conbine the two. and im B&W photography , which i understand is your specialty if im not mistaken.

the second pic got cut off because:
A: i now realize i was too close.
B: He was moving around so much i was lucky to get these pictures at all.
C: my current equipment (sony p31) isnt the most adjustable camera (not blaming equipment at all though)

im looking to purchase a good first slr to learn on and use for some time to come. Any advice? , Suggestions. my budget is about 400 lense and body.
They are about 3 weeks old i was told. Very Active!! LOL

Ha, I have no specialty yet because I still consider myself a student of photography. B&W is the standout for me, but that's personal preference. :wink:

As far as your budget for slr, that's not bad for just getting started. You will have a good variety to choose from. Keep in mind that the more lens options you give yourself, the better your images will be. The point being, try to get a camera body as inexpensively as you can, so you can get yourself more than one lens. Or, if you want to get just one good zoom lens instead, avoid variable-speed and shell out what you must to make that happen. I can't advise you on brand types - I think in your price range any reputable brand-name will do: Pentax, Canon, Nikon and the like. A good lens will probably cost more than the body! So concentrate on getting yourself a good lens to go with it. Good luck and have fun with your search! Hope to see more of your images soon. :D

Most reactions

Back