My volunteer work at local animal shelter. 18 heart wrenching photos Warning

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some of the dogs that have come the our local shelter. I am continually learning all the time on how to get that "come adopt me" photo. My PP skills are elementary but improving. I guess the point that I wish to make is for those of you who are considering to acquire a dog for a pet, please do not overlook the animal shelter. There are so many good dogs that deserve a good home.

DSC_5290_edited-1.jpg
DSC_5314_edited-1.jpg

DSC_5338_edited-1.jpg
DSC_5352_edited-1.jpg

DSC_5393_edited-1.jpg
DSC_5443_edited-1.jpg

DSC_6152_500.jpg
DSC_6255_500.jpg

DSC_8314_edited-2.jpg
DSC_8376_edited-2.jpg

DSC_8449_edited-2.jpg
DSC_8178_edited-2.jpg

DSC_8215_edited-2.jpg
573-Sapphire-1.jpg

656-Jada-Axel-1.jpg
656-Jada-Axel-4.jpg

1233-Scooby-1.jpg
1233-Scooby-4.jpg

These area small selection of animals that need our help. Every dog that I have come in contact with here has worthy attributes. Please reconsider the thought of going to a puppy farm.
Please spay or neuter your pet.

Aww, I want to take them all home. You captured some great 'adopt me' expressions. I think the best one is the white doggy - 4th column on the right - sorry I'm not good with identifying breeds. It's so awesome that you are doing this. Have you been able to give one of them a home?

I want them all, but hubby would kill me! The dog 4th down on the left looks like my new rescue pup.

Good work you are doing!

Thanks Ajay and MissMia.

Apart from the last two photos and third from last(with the blue eye), all have found a home.

I get a good feeling doing this. I think my photos are benefiting these animals compared to what others have put up. Well, that's what I think. Our administrator highly compliments me on what I put forward for their website.

I adopted my German Shepherd from the pound and I definately think that a good picture can sell anything... even a dog.

That's a great thing to be involved in and must be fun shooting such adorable subjects! Way to be :)

oh and I love that first picture!

There are some very sad eyes in there. its heartbreaking. I tend to take in animal rescues to keep them out of the pounds. I cant stand seeing animals in there.

The first, fourth, and thirteenth are by far my favorites. Lovely.

I also volunteer at my local animal shelter, and it's just heartbreaking every time walking in to all those sad faces. You've definitely captured some of that emotion with these photos. Their eyes say it all.

I'll take #9, 12, 13, and 15.

Kthksbai!

I wish I could, anyway. :(

he looks like a burnt cheeto!!! (num 1)

Very cute. we have 3 rescue pups ourselves. Just one comment on the photos, I like the angles and such, but some of them seem to be over saturated on my screen and my screen tends to undersaturate.

very nice, try and minimize the amount of cage you get in the pictures, just enough to show that they have a sad life, but not too much.

I take pics and clean at a local cat shelter we actually made a backdrop as our shelter is a little run down, its very satisfying work.

Can I take them all? ;) My pup is a rescue. While managing a veterinary hospital, she was brought in to be boarding during the owner's vacation and he never returned... 4 months and lots of red tape later, she was able to come home with me.
for those of you who are considering to acquire a dog for a pet, please do not overlook the animal shelter. There are so many good dogs that deserve a good home.
completely agree!
spay or neuter your pet.
PLEASE!

Dont' know enough to 'critique' the pics, but you definately captured some adorable expressions! Kudos for donating your time to these beautiful pups!

If I had the logistics to support a puppy in my tiny dorm room, I'd come steal that german shep puppy right now.

Thanks everybody for all the comments. Kudos to all that spend time voluteering and get rescue animals for pets.

should set something up with your volunteer center, when some one comes to adopt a pet they can get a portrait of them and donate a few extra bucks. helps everyone out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back