My Website is up!

Sarah23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can you guys take a look and tell me what you think? I was a bit nervous to put it up here....I've put a lot of work into it! :blushing: THANKS!

www.sarahmansurphotography.com

Very nice site! Did you make it yourself?

The site looks great! The only little thing that I noticed is that once you are in your website there is not a link to go to the blog. But that is not that important anyway! Great job!

OK, I got the blog link fixed on the splash page!! There should be a link to go to that, and then one to go to the site.

I found work spelling errors...I dont know how I missed that!!

I got the template from Photobiz...I also host through them. I just had to upload everything, and pick what colors/template I wanted.

Thanks everyone!!!

I can't comment on the actual website since I don't have the bandwidth or ability to access Flash 'sites, but I would suggest that the photograph on the left be tweaked a little or changed.

Your website should always showcase your best work, and in this case, while the pose is fine, the face is definitely over-exposed. A minor issue perhaps, but this is the very first impression that people get of your photographic skills.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

I would swap out the photo from the home page (left one) with the one of the baby looking up (I think it is the 3rd photo that comes up). If you choose to keep that photo, I would get rid of the crumbs on the mouth...
Apart from that you did a great job :eek:) Better than I could do, I am just learning about websites and that side of the house!

OK, thanks for the suggestion! I will do that, and tweak that other pictures a bit. I might have gone a little crazy and just had mommy goggles on. :) (hes not MY son, but hes my best friends son who I have watched grow up...so hes almost like mine ;) )

I think the overall presentation is fantastic! My only comment is that the menu choices on the left hand side seem a bit plentiful. I would consider combining some of them so that your (potential) clients are directed faster to seeing your photographs. By combining, I mean perhaps including the Calendar and Online Ordering in the Information section. From there, after "Home", I think the next menu option should be Galleries, then Testimonials, then Information, then Contact, then the link to your blog. To be honest, I disagree with the previous poster who said that you should have a link to your blog there. If you're going to have a splash page that allows you to choose the blog or your site, I think it's best to keep the links to a minimum. If the reason you're keeping the link there to direct people to more of your work, I suggest moving those images to new "galleries" on your website. I know this is super nit-picky, but having your prices before your work could affect the way someone thinks about your work, and having too many links could confuse someone who doesn't use a computer much. Assume that the guests to your website are going to go to the links in the order you put them there. I know it's hard to imagine someone who doesn't use a computer every day, but they are out there, so simplicity is key, I believe, in order to keep as many potential clients as possible. :)
-Of course, that's just my opinion.

while it's important to look at others' opinions - most of which i agree with to an extent - i guess i wonder how you're feeling about it.

Very nice! I agree about the photo on the left on the main page. I think you have others that are nicer and you really want to make a great first impression with the main page.

I think the overall presentation is fantastic! My only comment is that the menu choices on the left hand side seem a bit plentiful. I would consider combining some of them so that your (potential) clients are directed faster to seeing your photographs. By combining, I mean perhaps including the Calendar and Online Ordering in the Information section. From there, after "Home", I think the next menu option should be Galleries, then Testimonials, then Information, then Contact, then the link to your blog. To be honest, I disagree with the previous poster who said that you should have a link to your blog there. If you're going to have a splash page that allows you to choose the blog or your site, I think it's best to keep the links to a minimum. If the reason you're keeping the link there to direct people to more of your work, I suggest moving those images to new "galleries" on your website. I know this is super nit-picky, but having your prices before your work could affect the way someone thinks about your work, and having too many links could confuse someone who doesn't use a computer much. Assume that the guests to your website are going to go to the links in the order you put them there. I know it's hard to imagine someone who doesn't use a computer every day, but they are out there, so simplicity is key, I believe, in order to keep as many potential clients as possible. :)
-Of course, that's just my opinion.

I understand what you are saying, but I cant combine things like the calendar and Online Ordering. I can either show the page, or not....and I kinda need all of those that are there, THERE, ya know? There are actually about 3 or 4 pages that they gave me that I didn't include because it was WAYYY too much stuff on the side. I did change the order, so that galleries are the next in line.

I like having the blog link in there too...that way if you just went to the flash site, and looked around a bit, and then wanted to go to the blog, you didnt have to go back a bunch of pages, or re-type in the main URL, you can just click on the blog link thats listed.

Overall I am happy with the layout...I think the hardest part is choosing what pictures to put up there. Some of the ones of my kids, especially, I wonder about because I dont know if they are really good enough, or I just have mommy goggles on. :) I guess that is a big thing I am looking for...if there isnt a picture that a lot of you think is up to par, tell me, so I can take it down.

I did change the left picture on the splash page to one of the girl in pink and white...is that one ok? The picture that was there, I re-edited it and so its not so blown out, and I got rid of the food on his face. Its in the gallery now, instead of the splash page.

I would personally get rid of the calender. People don't need to see if you are busy or not, let them email you and find out if you are available or not-:)
Just my .02 cents-:) Nice site though other than that.

Looks good. Flash is really powerful and makes and has the ability to make really nice sites. Just bear in mind it's a bit heavy on the bandwidth. It is nice but with some slower connections it can be painful. I didn't get very far in your gallery.

Just keep it in mind.

Most reactions

Back