My Website is up!

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by Sarah23, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Sarah23

Sarah23 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Can you guys take a look and tell me what you think? I was a bit nervous to put it up here....I've put a lot of work into it! :blushing: THANKS!

www.sarahmansurphotography.com

2. scoutwes

scoutwes TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Very nice site! Did you make it yourself?

3. verobooth

verobooth TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The site looks great! The only little thing that I noticed is that once you are in your website there is not a link to go to the blog. But that is not that important anyway! Great job!

4. kellylindseyphotography

kellylindseyphotography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like it a lot Sarah! You've come really far.

5. Sarah23

Sarah23 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    OK, I got the blog link fixed on the splash page!! There should be a link to go to that, and then one to go to the site.

I found work spelling errors...I dont know how I missed that!!

I got the template from Photobiz...I also host through them. I just had to upload everything, and pick what colors/template I wanted.

Thanks everyone!!!

6. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I can't comment on the actual website since I don't have the bandwidth or ability to access Flash 'sites, but I would suggest that the photograph on the left be tweaked a little or changed.

Your website should always showcase your best work, and in this case, while the pose is fine, the face is definitely over-exposed. A minor issue perhaps, but this is the very first impression that people get of your photographic skills.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

7. ukreal1

ukreal1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would swap out the photo from the home page (left one) with the one of the baby looking up (I think it is the 3rd photo that comes up). If you choose to keep that photo, I would get rid of the crumbs on the mouth...
    Apart from that you did a great job :eek:) Better than I could do, I am just learning about websites and that side of the house!

8. Sarah23

Sarah23 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    OK, thanks for the suggestion! I will do that, and tweak that other pictures a bit. I might have gone a little crazy and just had mommy goggles on. :) (hes not MY son, but hes my best friends son who I have watched grow up...so hes almost like mine ;) )

9. onedayillknowbetter

onedayillknowbetter TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think the overall presentation is fantastic! My only comment is that the menu choices on the left hand side seem a bit plentiful. I would consider combining some of them so that your (potential) clients are directed faster to seeing your photographs. By combining, I mean perhaps including the Calendar and Online Ordering in the Information section. From there, after "Home", I think the next menu option should be Galleries, then Testimonials, then Information, then Contact, then the link to your blog. To be honest, I disagree with the previous poster who said that you should have a link to your blog there. If you're going to have a splash page that allows you to choose the blog or your site, I think it's best to keep the links to a minimum. If the reason you're keeping the link there to direct people to more of your work, I suggest moving those images to new "galleries" on your website. I know this is super nit-picky, but having your prices before your work could affect the way someone thinks about your work, and having too many links could confuse someone who doesn't use a computer much. Assume that the guests to your website are going to go to the links in the order you put them there. I know it's hard to imagine someone who doesn't use a computer every day, but they are out there, so simplicity is key, I believe, in order to keep as many potential clients as possible. :)
    -Of course, that's just my opinion.

10. sunlioness

sunlioness TPF Noob!

Just arrived in the UK and I think I'm going to st
    Photos OK to edit
    Nice work, I like the simplicity of it. If there's something I hate it's a photo-site with a busy environment.

11. cdanddvdpublisher

cdanddvdpublisher TPF Noob!

while it's important to look at others' opinions - most of which i agree with to an extent - i guess i wonder how you're feeling about it.

12. MelodySoul

MelodySoul TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Very nice! I agree about the photo on the left on the main page. I think you have others that are nicer and you really want to make a great first impression with the main page.