My Website

Hi mate, just had a look at your site and there's some really colourful stuff on there. I'm going to ask the idiot questions:
1) who are you marketing the pictures to?
2) how are you marketing them in general?
3) have you treid approaching image banks? They will usually charge a commission but they have a larger presence on-line.
I'm no expert but these are the questions I would ask straight away.

Cheers, Lol

Hi Lol, thank you for your reply. I am marketing the photographs to anyone who is interested in buying them. I have tried advertising with google adwords, a couple of traffic generating sites like trafficswarm, and i have a link on Profotos directory. My hits counter says i have had nearly 2000 unique visitors, but so far not a single sale.
I wanted to make the site fully automatic by including the digital image store so that people could download the images themselves.
Steve.

Hi Steve, all I can suggest is exchange links with as many suitable sites as possible, usually photo directories and those with a leaning towards nature shots. Submit your site for evaluation to nature magazines, photography magazines etc. Consider registering with an image bank. i know they take a cut but at least you get a percentage of something, rather than 100% of nothing.Examine how other wildlife photographers market their wares. I know Heather Angel et al can sell from their own site because of their name, but there must be loads of other earning photographers making a buck somehow.
Consider approaching environmental organisations and offer your services in exchange for some exposure in their publications. At the end of the day the list of things to try is extensive and may be limited by your own availability i.e are you a pro or is this a hobby from which you'd like to make a few quid?
For what it's worth I know the taste of failing to make a sale, although to be fair your work is a lot more commercial than mine:D

Cheers, Lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back