My Weekend by Andrea

Andrea K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
well i had a half day friday and had to work friday night, but i only got to work for three hours which kind of sucks becuase i drive 45 min. both ways just to get there. i costs roughly $12 in gas and seeing as how i make 6 an hour (before taxes mind you) i didnt make much money. then on saturday i had to take the SATs, so in order to get a higher score i decided to wake up at 3:30 in the morning so by the time the test started it would feel like noon and everyone knows you always do better later in the day...so then after that damned test i had to go to work, but because i was inside all day filling in bubbles i didnt realize how much it was raining and didnt think that perhaps work (an outdoor amusement park) might be closed...so once again i take the 45 min trip out there only to find out that the damned place was closed and then had to drive home in the miserable rain which i was already nervous about driving in because the day before i had gone into a major skid and it wasnt even raining, the ground was merely wet and i was only going about 20 mph...so now, monday, which i had thought i would take off to relax i find myself going to work because i feel bad about driving to work on sat. (remember $12 in gas) and not workign at all...so hopefully it wont rain and i wont be sent home early because i really want to make enough money to make up for the gas money...:thumbup:

perhaps it doesnt make much sense; i just kind of rambled, but it makes sense to me

how was everyone else's weekend?

um....mine was better than yours, Andrea. Hope you do great on the SAT and the extra effort pays off! :)

Friday night I was in my darkroom, making contact prints from vacation pics. Still waiting for some film to arrive at the house that we shipped home from Utah; unbeknownst to me, my husband shipped it ground. :x I wanted it a lot quicker than that.

Saturday I was in the darkroom all day working on a couple prints I picked from the contact sheet. My HIE negatives were a bear, so I struggled all day to get a few prints from 2 negatives. Then we drank pinot noir and Brad cooked a fab grilled salmon dinner, and caught up on the episodes of "Lost" we missed while out of town.

Sunday I broke out my Daylab and made some image transfers and a few prints for emulsion lifts. We did some matting and bagging. I have a show this weekend, which is why I worked at this rabid pace. :confused:

I'm almost glad to be back at work so I can sit at my desk all day! :lol:

Weekend was good and productive...I believe some may even say we nested ;) Aubrey assembled the crib and other various baby items. No cursing or missing parts so that was a plus :D I organized the baby closet, cleaned out the food shelf in the kitchen, vacuumed, did laundry and we even had time to watch a movie last night. Oh, and I finished editing some photos for the business.

Went to my monthly OB appointment this morning and was happy that I have gained a total of 9lbs and I have only 12 weeks to go :mgreen: Now on to appointments every two weeks, which must mean the end is near!

Sorry about the work mishaps Andrea! Hope you did well on the SATs!

Well my weekend was going fine until............. Well, I'll start from the beginning..........

I was dead tired Friday night, could barley keep my eyes open after 8pm. Fed the snakes, watched Photogoddess burn her bouquet, then proceeded to fall asleep so fast I don't even remember my head hitting the pillow. But I slept good ...... Saturday was chore day. Home Depot run to get bricks and sprinkler fixing goodies. Aerated the lawn a bit and now my hands are so sore I can't hardly make a fist. So lounging for the rest of the day was now a prerequisite.

Photogoddess was in Coronado for the day shooting a wedding which left me alone with our neighbor for the evening. So we made quesadillas and chased them down with margaritas. But these were special margaritas apparently. They were made with an evil substance known as Petrone Silver. Quite expensive margaritas but damn they were good.

By the time Photogoddess got home, I was pretty annihilated. Joy (our neighbor) and I had managed to polish off an entire bottle of Petrone, setting myself up for a hangover of decent sized proportion. Now I can handle tequilla pretty well but apparrently Petrone is not in the same family as Cuervo.

So after the pounding in my head subsided from a semi truck kinda weight down to a tow truck kinda pounding, I managed to make it from the bed to the couch. Which only lasted about 10-15 minutes before nature made a request and the hurling proceeded :puke-rig: So after a few minutes of stomach clinching, foaming dry heaves we made it back to the couch for toast and coffee. However that only lasted about 10-15 minutes before a return trip to the porcelin head rest was required. Atleast this time I had something for my stomach to get a hold of :puke-rig: Back to the couch.................

2-3 hours of laying on the couch while talking to myself about "I'll never do that again" and coming to the realization that I'm not 20 something anymore, I managed to make it off the couch and into the shower.

I still felt like complete doo doo for the rest of the day but I managed to get the new mirrors on my bike and the brain pain subsided low enough that I could see again without squinting so I watched TV and movies for the rest of the day. I did get a 2 hour interlude of entertainment from a 1 year old that came over to visit. We watched The Incredibles, ate dog food, poured water all down the front ourselves, and ran up and down the hallway testing the acoustical abilities of tiled floors with high pitched screams that made even the dog wince.

So, while the torture was self-induced and I can't blame anyone but my neighbor for letting me drink that much ;) The weekend wasn't a complete waste.......atleast you guys got someone to laugh at now :)

My cousin got married on Sat.
Lost my cell phone (and all the telephone numbers along with it) at the end of the day! :)
Lesson learned: Must store all the contact details on a piece of paper.
Slept in late on Sunday.
Barnes & Noble in the eve.

Good god, Malachite.....nothing worse than a tequila hangover. :drunk: I know my limits these days and do my best not to test 'em. I always regret it! At least you salvaged some of the day. ;)

Saturday afternoon I went to the Miami Duke football game. Miami blow Duke out big time it was really not much of a game. That night did a little photo editing.

Sunday afternoon I drove out to Everglades to get some shots. When out to a spot that had been closed for a few years. It just reopened this year with a new broad walk and better parking. Took a lot of shots, about 95 digital Raw, 1 roll EIR and 3/4 roll of B&W had a problem with my tripod head it was locked-up and would not tilted.

Kind had mix results with the digital. In one area the boardwalk when thru a stand of trees in pond, the water was very dark. Could have used a graduated ND filter.

So Friday night's bouquet burning went ok. Apparently 10 year old flowers burn nicely but the wood that I bought for the little fire pit wouldn't burn... no matter how much brake cleaner Malachite sprayed on it. :lol: Out of desperation, Malachite tried reviving the fire with paper from our papershredder. What we ended up with was lots of smoke and barely enough fire to roast a couple of marshmallows. :lol: No worries though because the bouquet burning was more symbolic and didn't really require a bon fire. **mental note... Duraflame logs will be my new firepit friend from now on.**

I got up Saturday morning and drove down to Coronado to shoot my ex-husband's father's wedding. Not as bad as it sounds since the family is really cool and the ex wasn't there. :mrgreen: It was a really informal wedding right on the beach and after the ceremony we all wandered upstairs for cake. I got to check out a nearly $1200 a night suite and then was off to dinner at a really nice place called The Boathouse. After eating (way too much), I headed home. I knew that Malachite and the neighbor were firing up the blender but had no idea that they were going to polish off a whole bottle of Patron. Imagine my surprise at coming home and finding both of them 3 sheets to the wind, blender still running and the remnants of Mango/Peach blender accident and chicken quesadillas all over the kitchen. Literally. :lol: Thankfully they saved a little for me so after having a margarita myself, Joy went home and we poured ourselves into bed. I don't think I had a true appreciation for how drunk he was until he started worshiping the porcelain god Sunday morning. :drunk: Poor guy. I made him coffee and toast, laid him out on the couch, covered him up with a big fluffy blanket and left him alone. I had wedding photos to edit and upload and knew that the last thing he needed was me trying to baby him or keep him company when his head was pounding as much as I'm sure it was. Late afternoon my friend dropped by to get our wireless working with his 1 year old baby. We tried sitting down and watching The Incredibles but this child was more interested in eating the dogs food. This was even funnier because I had given him graham crackers that he promptly fed to the dog, toddled off and started stuffing his face full of kibble. I pried all of the kibble from his mouth and finally got him away from the dog's bowl. Then he started running up and down the hall happily screaming. :confused: Man... I sure do love babies. :lmao: The rest of the evening was spent quietly watching the director's cut of Chronicles of Riddick after I made dinner for my poor recovering drunkard. :lovey:

I'm scared to come to your house now. Too much tequila flowing, and I seem to have a weakness for the good stuff. :lol:

What kind of bouquet burning were you doing, if I may ask, Tammy? You said it's symbolic and I bet it smelled nice, all musty and pungent. It sounds cool. :)

terri said:
I'm scared to come to your house now. Too much tequila flowing, and I seem to have a weakness for the good stuff. :lol:

What kind of bouquet burning were you doing, if I may ask, Tammy? You said it's symbolic and I bet it smelled nice, all musty and pungent. It sounds cool. :)

It's usually not THAT bad. :lmao:

The bouquet that was burning was the bouquet that I had carried when I married my ex 10 years earlier. My divorce was final on Thursday so as a symbol of a time that was officially over. I had saved it for some reason and it seemed appropriate to torch it. :lol:

**I did keep my dress, ring, glasses, cake topper, etc... My kids might want those someday but I figured the bouquet would definitely not be needed in the future.**

photogoddess said:
It's usually not THAT bad. :lmao:

The bouquet that was burning was the bouquet that I had carried when I married my ex 10 years earlier. My divorce was final on Thursday so as a symbol of a time that was officially over. I had saved it for some reason and it seemed appropriate to torch it. :lol:

**I did keep my dress, ring, glasses, cake topper, etc... My kids might want those someday but I figured the bouquet would definitely not be needed in the future.**
I thought that's what it might be. :salute: You saved it unwittingly for the day you'd watch it burn and the ashes float away. :thumbup: mwahahahahaha!!!!

Let's see... a hot date with my books on friday... then a test MSAT... then more books

The high point of the weekend was going to a park to try and finish a roll of slide film. I had to use 16 exposures... took one miserable picture of a backlit leaf.

We'll see how it turns out.

Most reactions

Back