My weekend

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally got to get out and shoot for 2 straight days. Okay, one night and one day, but it was a blast. Spent Friday night down in brick town and then Saturday afternoon/evening at a couple of parks around the lake.

Here are some of my favorites.

1) Colored water from the fountain.

Bricktown at night-11-Edit.jpg by Lane Photo | Ron Lane, on Flickr

2) Shadow on the wall.

Bricktown at night-67-Edit.jpg by Lane Photo | Ron Lane, on Flickr

3) Need more water.

Bluff Creek Park-197-Edit.jpg by Lane Photo | Ron Lane, on Flickr

4) Gull close up

Bluff Creek Park-136-Edit.jpg by Lane Photo | Ron Lane, on Flickr

5) Sunsetting on a great time.

Bluff Creek Park-195-Edit.jpg by Lane Photo | Ron Lane, on Flickr

There's something oddly satisfying about the Shadows on the Wall photo.

love that water.

Yeah, the water is my favorite. The sunset is pretty well composed too, and the cloud formation is unusual and makes it worth shooting.

Thanks Derrel. I was hoping someone would like that sunset. I was working with the curves adjustment layer on that one and trying to decide how dark to make the foreground (the boat docks where the lights are coming from). I just thought it looked better darker.

ronlane said:
Thanks Derrel. I was hoping someone would like that sunset. I was working with the curves adjustment layer on that one and trying to decide how dark to make the foreground (the boat docks where the lights are coming from). I just thought it looked better darker.

Yeah, I know what you mean: how dark to make a sunset image? It's always a big question...to allow the foreground "stuff" to show up by giving it some detail (maybe through fill light, or dodging) in software, or to allow the foreground areas to drop wayyyy off into blackness...or to select some level of compromise between the two extremes? I think you went the right way here, darker, rather than lighter.

Exactly Derrel. Here is the other one that i liked and had the same debate about. I darkened this one just enough to let the white line of the road show through as a leading line. I wanted that but any lighter, I think it takes away from the gorgeous sunset.

Bluff Creek Park-194-Edit.jpg by Lane Photo | Ron Lane, on Flickr

Hey Ron, just caught up to this thread. Your original sunset gets my thumbs up :thumbyo:
What would you think about cloning out the row of street lights?

Hey Ron, just caught up to this thread. Your original sunset gets my thumbs up :thumbyo:
What would you think about cloning out the row of street lights?

Thanks Rick. I don't know about the street lights. I could try it and see. As it is, I like the mystery of them, because all you can see is the lights (which are from boat docks).

Nice collection Ron!

Thank you John.

I like the mystery of the lights personally but they do take away from the sunset itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back