My wife helping me with a portfolio project

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by jlykins, Dec 23, 2009.

1. jlykins

jlykins TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have had this little project going for a while now. I'm doing tightly cropped face shots. Anyway, my wife was gracious enough to pose for a little bit for me last night.

Strobist info: 1-SB900 through a softbox (lastolite ez box) camera left about 45degrees and high 1/8. Kicker/rim light is a Vivitar 283 with a HonL 1/8 grid set at 1/32. They both metered at f/4.0. Camera was a D300 with a Nikon 70-200 2.8 190mm 1/100th ISO200 f/4.5

[​IMG]

2. AnotherNewGuy

AnotherNewGuy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Good focus. I guess it's kind of hard to miss when your that tight. I think the lighting is flattering. Except the nose shadow and edge of mouth. I like the idea though.

I'm jealous of your glass by the way. I want that lens!!!

What wireless lighting system are you using? I've been looking around and picking brains.

3. jlykins

jlykins TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks. I am using Pocket Wizards to trigger everything. I like the Nikon 70-200 2.8 for most things(sports, etc.) but honestly for portraits I prefer my Tamron 70-200 2.8. The AF is slower, but if focuses closer, and I think it's sharper. Here are a few more from my project, all done with the Tamron:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JMLPictures

JMLPictures TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Second picture down from the second group is an awesome picture! There seems to be a lot of emotion in that one! It looks like he's trying to tell you a story just from that picture!

All of them are nice however. Keep it up!

Josh

5. gopal

gopal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    the lighting on the first three is almost from same angle....however it does not make any difference, since the subjects u chose are worthy to be photographed....i liked the lighting on ur wife face with a kicker from right.

the fourth a little diagonal is super compo....moreover the special thing is tight cropping and that is the essence. tfs.