My wife holding a baby duck

I agree with leaving wildlife alone, but I don't know if this should necessarily be considered "wildlife", as mentioned, their probably fed by locals in what looks to be a man-made pond...

Regardless, not what the post is about. I think it's a cute idea, but I thing the angle could have been different, as you this one doesn't give much detail to either the woman or the duck... I find the background kind of distracting... Do you have more shots/different angles?

PS> In regards to touching baby birds resulting in their mothers abandoning them, it is apparenly a myth: Frequently Asked Questions, Ask an Expert, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

having loads of fun with the tokina 11-16, i also rented a canon 70-200 2.8 ...man is that thing heavy

Anyway, nice shot!

You might could have used a fill flash to remove the shadows caused by the hat. Nice photo though...

still working on the whole fill flash thing...tested a few today, i kept getting pictures that are burned

Decent shot. But do you think it is ok to chase and handle wildilfe? Shame shame

How else were they going to eat it if she did not catch it...Jeeez :mrgreen:

I am far from a hippie but STUPID IS STUPID! I don't think that this is a debate you have a chance at winning, but you can give it a try against the almighty majority. People SHOULD NOT handle wildlife (unless it prevents imminent harm(EDIT: human cased harm)) PERIOD. Good luck supporting your argument.

I'm not trying to start a fight with you btw. I am more concerned about the spread of awareness.

Explain that to the thousands of people who acting as agents of the various divisions of wildlife across the country to routinely handle wildlife for conservation efforts.

I apologize for further hijacking this thread, but I too am concerned about the spread of awareness.

Here are some pictures of an effort I was involved with in regards to the handling of wildlife for conservation purposes.

OO2.jpg

OO3.jpg

OO7.jpg

BB8Getting_Them_Out_Of_The_Net6.jpg

BB15Release3.jpg

I am far from a hippie but STUPID IS STUPID! I don't think that this is a debate you have a chance at winning, but you can give it a try against the almighty majority. People SHOULD NOT handle wildlife (unless it prevents imminent harm(EDIT: human cased harm)) PERIOD. Good luck supporting your argument.

I'm not trying to start a fight with you btw. I am more concerned about the spread of awareness.

You are aware that the "wildlife" you speak of appears to be in a town or resort of some sort. They've more than likely had exposure to humans before, and more than likely will have exposure to them after the shot was taken. If someone posted a photo of a person drop kicking a sloth, I think that should raise some concern. But I don't think you should be giving a wildlife ethics statement when for all you know, they could be domesticated ducks. So stop plz.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back