My wife, the mom-to-be, portrait, wk 7

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
We're 7 weeks into the pregnancy now, and Kel's not showing yet, but that's not stopping me from firing off a few dozen shots every now and then! :goodvibe: :love:

47b3cc37b3127cce846443cca16b0000000610

there's nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman. My wife wouldn't let me take pics.

just a note:
if you are fond of your anotomy DO NOT use the work blimp when your wife is 9 months pregnant! :shock:

Oh ya! I like your pics! :D

I her eyes in the second one!! she seems very comfortable with you taking pics.

md

Hi Shark

Seems we are in a similar situation. I have just returned from my wife's second scan, literally just an hour ago (she is at 21 weeks). Thankfully, everything seems to be going just fine.

Good luck

Aaron

i dont have any pic of me while i was pregnant.... she is very lucky to have someone who cares

Compositionally, I think these are really gorgeous shots. My only issue is with the exposure because your whites are really blown out and I think you're missing some definition on the side of her face because of it.

I hope she continues to let you shoot her like this. It would be really cool to see the same shot, like the first one, taken over the entire span of the pregnancy.

oriecat said:
Compositionally, I think these are really gorgeous shots. My only issue is with the exposure because your whites are really blown out and I think you're missing some definition on the side of her face because of it.

I'll have to upload the originals and put those up, too. The blown-out areas are actually intentional; kind of going for a halfway-high-key look. The overexposed areas are a result of the diffuse glow filter in PS.

I agree with what Orie said about the blown highlights but I'm not surprised to see that was intentional, because your work is very good. I'd like to see the original first image, though. She looks gorgeous in the second one!!

I agree you should keep shooting as long as she'll let you throughout the pregnancy....and yes, choose all words referring to her expanding belly with great care! :wink:

Looking at it closely, even in the original I've got a bit of a blow-out on the shirt on the camera-left shoulder. With the wacky lighting I was working with though (primarily window light from the camera-left side) and a white shirt in an otherwise dim room, it was either trade that little blowout or have most of the rest of the shot too dark. I exposure bracketed and the others are useless. :|

Most reactions

Back