My Wife

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
CRW_5897COPYjpeg-vi.jpg

10D, 50mm1.4
f8, 1/8sec, handheld, Available light, RAW, slight tweaking in PSCS.

Let me have some honest critique.
Thanks.

Overall I kinda like it. However the speed limit sign and the tripod are really distracting IMO.

The composition is nice but not all that interesting. The DOF is good, enough to show some detail in the background scenery. It might work better however to shorten the DOF to put more emphasis on your lovely wife.

The tripod really ruins the shot, for me. Very snap shot.

Thanks for the input.

FYI, the tripod was not an accident. I had intentionally placed it there so that she is not the dead focus.
I will post another image without the tripod and shallow DOF when I get home this evening.

I suppose you put this in for everyone to critique. To me, it's a snapshot of your beautiful wife. Is it real important that the tripod and speed limit sign be removed? Are you going to submit this for contest purposes? You obviously liked your original posting with all the assumed distractions...and it didn't bother you. I liked the whole series of this shoot very much! Yeah, I saw the tripod, the speed limit sign, trash can coming out of her left shoulder. Did you really miss all this? I don't think so. Photography is what it is. Some pics make absolutely no sense to me while others may think it's a masterpiece, that's why I rarely post in this section. It's mostly 50/50. By the time you adjust this then that then something else then someone else has another suggestion then you readjust this....you'll begin to hate the damn thing! I love your picture, because you liked it enough to share! IMHO, it didn't need critiquing. :thumbsup:

I could live with the tripod, but the speed limit sign takes away from the "story" of the image. The DOF is nice and the color are good.

Just a note to jonmikal: critiqing is a form of challenging someone to become better through trail and error. If you are perfect, which none of us are, tell us where all of your stuff is published.

bogleric said:
Just a note to jonmikal: critiqing is a form of challenging someone to become better through trail and error. If you are perfect, which none of us are, tell us where all of your stuff is published.

You have obviously missed the entire point of my comment.

jonmikal said:
I suppose you put this in for everyone to critique. To me, it's a snapshot of your beautiful wife. Is it real important that the tripod and speed limit sign be removed? Are you going to submit this for contest purposes? You obviously liked your original posting with all the assumed distractions...and it didn't bother you. I liked the whole series of this shoot very much! Yeah, I saw the tripod, the speed limit sign, trash can coming out of her left shoulder. Did you really miss all this? I don't think so. Photography is what it is. Some pics make absolutely no sense to me while others may think it's a masterpiece, that's why I rarely post in this section. It's mostly 50/50. By the time you adjust this then that then something else then someone else has another suggestion then you readjust this....you'll begin to hate the damn thing! I love your picture, because you liked it enough to share! IMHO, it didn't need critiquing. :thumbsup:

First of, this is defenitely not for a contest :)

No, I did not miss the tripod and the speed limit sign. But I did miss the trash can growing out of her shoulder. You pointed it out to me and this is exactly why I like the critique section.
I'm not going to change/clone one pixel from this picture (I have done it before, but as you said, I find myself pressing the Delete button in the end), but your pointer will make me more careful next time.

True, what we see is not what our neighbor sees. Ideas and visions are unique with each personality. And it would not affect me if anyone opposed or agreed with any of my ideas or intent of a particular picture. What I look forward to is the technical pointers, like you did. Unless I post the picture up here, I will always remain as the next door snapshooter, which I defenitely do not intend to be.

Thanks jonmikal for the valuable input.

jonmikal said:
I certainly didn't mean to strike a negative cord with my comment and hope you don't see it that way. Yes, I believe we all benefit from critique...I certainly do. Maybe my wording threw the other guy off..hell I don't know. Anyways, sorry to mess up you posting! I still believe you a have a nice overall pic.
I understand where you came from and did not see anything negative in it! :)

She's such a pretty girl, and her hair looks fabulous against the background of the colored leaves. I hope you take her back to that area and try again. I am betting you'll be much pickier about what you see through that viewfinder next time. :wink: This is how we learn!

terri said:
I am betting you'll be much pickier about what you see through that viewfinder next time.
Yup, my hands don't feel any trashcans when I hug her! :)

Thanks Terri.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back