My wife's beautiful eyes

JimmyAtlantis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm having a problem getting comments from people (ANYBODY) and this is only my second strobed shot. I need feedback so I can improve so quit slacking and post comments. Otherwise my time here is completely wasted and pointless.

460439102_bdad7a1026_o.jpg

very pretty eyes - could bump the color a little and play around to fix the skin blems. also play with the crop - as is, the photo is fairly boring.

thanks for the kind request for help.

very pretty eyes - could bump the color a little and play around to fix the skin blems. also play with the crop - as is, the photo is fairly boring.

I did some minor work on the blemishes and as far as color, well...I don't know if has to do with me shooting and processing in Adobe RGB or not, but in PS the color is brilliant, but as soon as I save it as a .jpg (NOT save for web) it goes bland. I was also unable to come up with another way to crop it.

thanks for the kind request for help.

Hey, no problem! :p Thanks for the help.

Composition isn't great

Try oversharpening the eyes in shots like this (iris). You can create some nice effects.

For the downsized version you intend for web, go:

Edit ---> Convert to Profile ---> Working RGB - sRGB (some gibberish)

Critique wise, same as EOS JD - nice and sharp though, and the reflection of the strobe is interesting in its own regard.

Edit ---> Convert to Profile ---> Working RGB - sRGB (some gibberish)

Critique wise, same as EOS JD - nice and sharp though, and the reflection of the strobe is interesting in its own regard.

Thanks for the tip and compliment. Here's another with some sharpening. I also added most of the eye shadow in PS.

460952651_11708f2906_o.jpg

No problem. I had gathered that tip from a fellow TPFer when I was about at the end of my rope with my colour! ha.

Select the Iris only (feather the selection). Crwate a new layer of this selection and sharpen the new layer by bumping up the sharpening to Amount 500 and a radius of between 1-2.

Now reduce opacity to taste and even change the blending mode to suit. You'll see it gives the eye a fair bit more contrast.

Nice shot in general although I think I would lighten just above the eye on the right slightly, it seems a little heavy to me, but that's just my opinion.

Regards,
Peter Witham

If you added the makeup, that's a pretty good job. I would have never known.

the top is a good job of adding the makeup....
however on the bottom the lashes look way to sharp and like they do not belong

For the first on, Nice DOF. But it seems your focus is on the edge of the nose/eye(corner of eye). If your looking for a crisp eye shot try to move the focus over a little more to center eye, with a shallow DOF would look great. I also tend to clean up the veins in the eye a little (clone them out) really makes an eye pop out. Other than that for a close focus shallow DOF, its a good shot.

Most reactions

Back