My Wildlife Photography

Well I've stopped trying to find the Barred Owl. That bird is so well camouflaged but I don't even hear its calls. I'll probably stumble upon it one day... when I don't have my camera with me!

Anyways, it seems that most of the birds have migrated due to the season. It's been quite warm here and Winter is officially done. I've been trying to lure a Pileated Woodpecker to my backyard but I haven't caught him at one of the bird feeders yet so instead I've been watching and making little videos of all the other birds that show up for an easy meal.

Hopefully I'll see some Eagles and Osprey at a near by lake. I'm still trying to capture my dream photo of an Eagle swooping down for some fish.

Some backyard bird photos:

Last edited by a moderator:
These pics are so nice they make me want to go shoot something other than people
bigthumb.gif

Nice work !!

Hello everyone. Not much has been going on lately but two Downy Woodpeckers have excavated a hole in a dead tree in my backyard. I'm trying to capture some video and photos of the pair mating and other interesting behaviour. I noticed that they have this strange chirp when they are near each other before they mate.

In the mean time, here is a little video I put together of some Sandhill Cranes at a local birding hot spot.

Wildlife season is back!

I went to a few local spots to check out the birds that are migrating and there wasn't much action but slowly and surely the birds will be coming in!

I got a few shots of the Sandhill Cranes but I really like this one that I got of a Black Crowned Night Heron.

I'd much rather have a cleaner shot without all of the shrubbery in the way but I kinda of like it. I think the photo shows the Night Heron in its natural habitat.

Last edited:
First time through this thread, some of these are great. nice job!

I've been trekking around the lower mainland trying to find some interesting shots of raptors but been unsuccessful. I did capture a lot of Snow Geese flying off into the sunset and one friendly Northern Flicker.
Hopefully I'll see some interesting activity by some neat wildlife soon.

Last edited:
I snapped a few photographys of some Long-Eared Owls but they are quite difficult to spot especially when they are hidden deep within the bushes.

I captured a little bit of video footage of the Long-eared Owl today.

I was trying to shoot some photos of a Seagull trying to eat this starfish but he was unsuccessful so I ended up snapping a close up portrait of the little aquatic creature.

Most reactions

Back