MY winning photo, and the published results !!

Congratulations!!!!

Congrats! That's really neat!

Makes me wish our phone book would hold a contest for the cover. Unfortunately, they always purchase shots from the same two local photographers year after year. They're great photographers to be sure, but would be nice to showcase some of the local talent.

Nice shot--a beautiful, regional scenic photograph, perfect for a regional telephone directory cover! That's matching the photo to the need for a photo to a T!

Really appreciate the good wishes .... just goes to show that with a good picture and a little luck, even the little guy can get "Published" !!

Had fun over Christmas ........... wrapped up a "Autographed" Phone Book in Christmas wrapping and gave one to each of my relatives for Christmas..... They make great gifts ... :lol:

Of course, it was only a joke, and the 'real' gifts came right after that, but you should have seen the looks.... ;)

It's a little strange to know that my picture is in every home, business, hotel, hospital room, gas station, factory and office in Southern Idaho ... Just sittin' on the table and seen every day ...... THAT'S the cool part !!

thanks again... Keep shootin'..

Nice shot--a beautiful, regional scenic photograph, perfect for a regional telephone directory cover! That's matching the photo to the need for a photo to a T!

One of the differences between my shot and a lot of the others, is that although there were much better photographs (Both beautiful and technically better) than mine submitted, they were too "Busy" .... and didn't take into consideraton that they had to put the Text on the picture somewhere... I made sure to leave some blank (sky) area for the writing that they needed to do.. Guess that effort possibly made a difference .. ?

Anyway, appreciate the comments... :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back