Myspace, Friendster, Bebo, Facebook, Hi 5, what gives?

CyGuRL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm curious to find out how everyone keeps up with all of these social networks and do you feel more connected or disconnected. I find the way we are communicating today is so impersonal. I haven't signed up for any of these sites yet, i am curious to find out how it works, are you meeting new people regularly or just keeping in touch with old friends? Does anyone use ur cell phone to check ur site online? I really want a sidekick so I can do that. Which site is better and why, Myspace? Friendster? Bebo? Facebook? Hi 5? Downelink? your thoughts? ANYONE!

I personally like Facebook. I like it because I keep in touch with family and friends from my old school, etc.

i have a myspace and a facebook

i prefer facebook not shure why but i do...

i use it just to keep in touch with people form eigther my old schools or the people i meet while doing plays.

i just got a sidekick 2 weeks ago, and let me tell you that it gets addicting very quickly, you will find yourself on it 24-7, i know i am..lol

I hate them all and think they should be banned, go outside and meet REAL people, its much more fun :)

I hate them all and think they should be banned, go outside and meet REAL people, its much more fun :)

Just because I keep in touch with people I don't get to see very often doesn't mean I never go outside and talk to the people I can see every day. :greenpbl:

I use facebook. But typically only for finding people in my classes or other school related information (what it was intended for). I only use myspace to find music. Im not a 50 year old pretending to be 16, so as a social network it is useless. Plus all the stupid things people do to their pages irritates me beyond belief.

I found a few people from HS on my myspace... and some people I know now... but quite honestly from a photographers standpoint its a waste of time for me... anyone with a camera phone is a pro on there...LOL

I believe there is a connection with this thread and the " How old is everyone " thread,I really don't have a clue as to what these sites are that you mention.

Just because I keep in touch with people I don't get to see very often doesn't mean I never go outside and talk to the people I can see every day. :greenpbl:

agreed.

myspace and facebook for me. i like facebook's system better, and it's also more 'mature' in my opinion...but i like the media capabilities of myspace better.

I don't use any of them ... all I have is a couple of messengers (skype, ...) to keep in touch with people from further away. And that is it, and will be until people come up with some more interesting concept :p

Most reactions

Back