mystery gift

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I got home last night and there was the January issue of Popular Photography & Imaging sitting in my mailbox. Very odd.

I called the Girl to let her know that I had received it..she has given me subscriptions in the past for gifts. She thought I had lost my mind. "What the hell are you talking about?" she asked me. "Hmmm, so you didn't give this to me as gift?" "No," she says, "but if I had thought of it I would have." "OK, I gotta go and find out who did." So, I call my parents, "we're eating dinner can I call you back?" Typical. When they call back I find out that they, too, didn't give it to me.

So, I get smart and call the subscription line. According to them, it wasn't sent as a gift, and their records show that it appears that I bought it myself.

Then I called my sister in OR, and asked her. She also had no idea who would have sent it to me, but thought it was pretty funny that I got it and didn't know who gave it to me.

Well, the upshot is that my other sister and brother-in-law bought me the December issue, wrapped it up, and were gonna give it to me along with a cards saying they bought a year's subsrciption...as is usaul with my sister and brother-in-law, they forgot.

I hadn't thought of them because my siblings and I decided that since they were both dealing with weddings this year, we weren't going to exchange gifts at all.

What a nice family I have (Well, except for my mother hanging up on me becuase she was eating dinner...like her baby isn't more important than food...)

The Walrus said:
I'd say so...in one form or another...

I figured that :lmao:

I'm starting to think that there are really only about 10 of us on this forum and the rest are just alteregos of the 10 of us!:lol:

Most reactions

Back