myth buster

My favorite excercise was when barbara poured a tube of super glue in one of my lenses. Told me to pick a setting to freeze it one. I set it on f5.6 at ten feet.

When she sent out to shoot pictures, she said "Now see the world as a painter sees it." Needless to say this was not a student exercise. It was more an experiment between friends.

I'm not so sure about that but It was a hell of an experience. I had to actually walk up to people and shoot them from the perspective of being up close an personal. Ten feet is the width of an average size trailer room.

Lots of things I had to pass up because they were either too bright or too dark. You have no idea how hard it is for a 25 year old to walk away from a picture.

I don't know that I learned much but I did lean that I liked my lens a lot better when it rotated.

By the way super glue does not hold when you touque the bond. The lil ole hundred pound chick broke the glue bond on that lens. Don't try this at home kids. if you want to do it use electrical tape not super glue. those lenses had no electrical contacts. It was 1970 at the time.

Ok, I'm turning into my naughy self.
We don't have room to involve ourselves. We are all about other people.
If you need to stop and train, I think that's wonderful. You are passing it on.
My favorite Uncle is a very sucessful writer. He has an anurisms. He takes it one day at a time. He's my hero.
And now, for my much anticipated pity party.
I'm bipolar. I'm on some heavy meds to make me a sweet gal. Nothing wrong in my privy life, just a brain thing. I run a biz and keep it all toghether.
I have lung disease. I smoke a crapload and it's all my fault. None of my brides know, nor whould they care.
I have this really specific mission in life. I love it. It makes me happy.
What makes me happy is making other people happy. I want them to think that the photos I took are the best photos they ever had done. I want them to love me.
We are all limited on this earth. Me included. I'm pretty ill. But as long as I can stand, I'm gonna do what makes me smile. And it makes them smile too.
Not to be a hard ass here, but your physical illnesses is nothing more than others who carry on.
Would you rather be known for your giving?

Are whe gonna do a "why me" thing here.
Not relavent. You wanna live forever? Put your work out there.

Ah you are a sweetie....

Mine isnt a lament for passing,I have been used to that idea a long time. What I hate is that I can't do what I want any more. I can't do what I want but I can do what I can do. I shoot a lot of still life now and things I can get to within ten minutes by car. It's a new kind of challenge for me.

I don't want to show others how to make pictures. I want to sit in bed on a Sunday morning with a big newspaper and a dozen krispy kreme donuts and huge cup of coffee. Sit there and talk about the job I did the day before.

Barbara was bipolar by the way. In those days they didn't have many good meds so we suffered. You of course will understand that 'we' more than most will. She always asked me how I could stand hanging out with a bipolar chick...

I always told her it was the sex....

Most reactions

Back