N 80 fell in bucket of water

thewalterslineup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My N 80 just fell in a bucket of water & Mr Clean.What should I do now ? Will it dry out and be OK, can it be repaired or should I chalk it up to lessons learnd and start saving for a new camera :cry: :cry: :cry: [/url]

It...fell in a bucket of water?

Uh...well...

Hell it may work; just open it up and shake everything out...

...at least it smells nice now

Sorry man, hope it feels better tomorrow.

remove the lens, open it up as much as possible and let it sit around for a few days and don't turn it on. Once it dries out theres a fairly decent chance it will still work

that sux.
I hope it works for you but otherwise
i hope you bought it at a Ritz Cameras and got damage protection on it.

thewalterslineup said:
My N 80 just fell in a bucket of water & Mr Clean.What should I do now ? Will it dry out and be OK, can it be repaired or should I chalk it up to lessons learnd and start saving for a new camera :cry: :cry: :cry: [/url]

Hmm. Too many "okay, here's my drip photo attempt" threads I guess. That sucks. I'd try letting it dry out (with lens removed, as suggested) then thorougly clean it as carefully as you can.

Remember, even if it doesn't work, as long as you can make it *look* like you didn't damage it by dropping it into a bucket of Mr.Clean you can get it replaced or repaired with your warranty. Be careful and make it *look* untouched. Every circuit board, every piece of hardware, everything.. not a trace of user neglect should remain, and then you're home free... :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back