n00b pics - C&C welcome

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by max3k, Jun 15, 2009.

1. max3k

max3k TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have only been playing with the manual mode on my camera for about 3 days. Trying to figure out settings. I have a Canon Rebel XS and was using a 18-55mm lense for these shots. Would appreciate some insight on how to make them better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. artoledo

artoledo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like 1 & 2.... #3 feels a tad bit underexposed to me.... Great shots none the less

3. puyjapin

puyjapin TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    possibly a smaller aperture, higer fstop on 1 so more bubbles r in focus...

4. Sherman Banks

Sherman Banks TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #1. You focused on her hair, when I think you were intending the focal point to be her face and bubbles. Her skin is a little too bright too.
    #2. Nice shot, although would've been better a few steps to your right so the branch wasn't in the way of the building. Also could've zoomed in a bit.
    #3. Just the run of the mill "flower in the middle of the frame" shot. Technically it's ok, just a bit boring.

I don't know what your level of knowledge is in regards to exposure, but I honestly would let the camera do the work until you really understand f-stops, shutter speed, ISO. Aperture priority would've been a great mode to shoot these with and also saves time when you need to get a lot of shots in a small period of time. Fumbling around changing settings can sometimes cost you a good shot.

5. bdavis

bdavis TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #2 is good, I actually like the branch in the way of the building, it makes the composition a bit more interesting. The others dont do anything for me.

6. max3k

max3k TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the input guys, I am learning and figured the only way to do it was to take 109348039820985 photos. Going out for some night time photos tonight.

7. musicaleCA

musicaleCA TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Not quite sure what you mean, exactly, but I'll just say, don't let taking lots and lots of shots become a substitute for thinking and planning. Yeah, you have to practise a lot to learn, but it's more about getting out (or staying in) every day and shooting a bit than shooting a billion photos.

Just my 2 cents.