Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na BATMAN!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronLLockhart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nashville Cityscape.

To clear up some of the confusion. This thread is titled the way it is, because the building on the left (AT&T Building, previously known as the Bellsouth Building) is known as the "Batman Building."

Let me add that this photograph was taken a long time ago, and I no longer have the original version. So, you get the low-res watermarked version.

View attachment 40666

C&C Welcome, except if you're user name is Buckster, then I don't care to hear it. :lol: JK

This thread got deleted, then you repost it?!?!

Go outside and take a new photo.

Wait... what... happened? :lol:

Man. I got to church... have a nice lunch with some new friends... and I come back and find out I've missed something.

Again.

No wonder I used to not get anything done when I was here full time. :lmao:

This thread got deleted, then you repost it?!?!

Go outside and take a new photo.

It got deleted on the regard of a moderator asking me to repost, because of people like you fogging up my thread.

Here's how basic choice works. If you like what you read, then read it. If you don't like to read something, then don't. It's as simple of that. No need for you or anyone here to complicate a bowl of cereal.

Well if you are going to take the time to repost, why not take the time to fix the distortion? Since you said it would be an easy fix for you. You have to admit, the photo would be stronger with it fixed.

You have to admit, the photo would be stronger with it fixed.

Nope, I've said several times that I don't think it takes away from the photograph, and doesn't bother me any. Listen, man. I've been using photoshop for 15+ years (That's not a joke, or an exaggeration. I've used every single version from 5.0 and forward. Before I stopped 2 years ago, I had done Graphic Design on a professional level for a decade. I don't need your mocking replies like "Since you said it would be an easy fix for you.") It is a very easy fix for me. Case being, if I wanted it done I would already have done it.

I've got an idea for you. If it doesn't appease you, then why don't you come to Nashville, take one yourself, fly your happy butt all the way back to Orlando, pop it in photoshop and fix it yourself?

I really don't have time for these irrelevant comments. If you are offering this as critique, then you should have expressed it as so. Your reply should have read something closer to "IMO, it would look better if you fixed the distortion, but that's just me."

Instead of insinuating that I believe something I absolutely do not believe. Now, stop fogging up my thread, if you don't have anything useful to say.

^ With an attitude like that, do us all a favor and "ignore" the entire forum.

Batman doesn't live in Nashville...just saying

!!!!!!!!!!DEJA VU!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ With an attitude like that, do us all a favor and "ignore" the entire forum.

It's not about having an "attitude." It's about the fact that you went the way you did with the comment. My point was this, man. In CS4+, it has an automatic lens correction feature. To fix the distortion issues with the photograph, it's literally as simple as clicking a button. However, I didn't think it was worth the time, as I didn't feel it takes away from the photograph. Now, if you respectfully disagree with this statement. Then, in a reply to this post, you can express that interest.

However, to rekindle a flame started in the thread that was deleted, in a possible situation that could start it all over again, is a bit uncalled for.

Not only can it be done with the click of a button, it's also VERY accurate:
$Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 3.57.36 PM.jpg

Last edited:
The distortion is fine. It's a thing, whatever. It definitely helps create a sense of "bigness". Fixing it or not is really a "pick your cliche" game.

I am more bothered by the unattractively blown out sunburst. It might be better on your screen, but what I see is a nasty white blob. Careful use of curves might, or might not, allow you to sneak up on the blown out section through a more appealing gradient. The wires across the foreground are also sort of unappealing. I would like the photograph better if EITHER they were gone, OR if they were more obvious. They does this disappearing trick against the buildings which is just, eh.

The distortion is fine. It's a thing, whatever. It definitely helps create a sense of "bigness". Fixing it or not is really a "pick your cliche" game.

I am more bothered by the unattractively blown out sunburst. It might be better on your screen, but what I see is a nasty white blob. Careful use of curves might, or might not, allow you to sneak up on the blown out section through a more appealing gradient. The wires across the foreground are also sort of unappealing. I would like the photograph better if EITHER they were gone, OR if they were more obvious. They does this disappearing trick against the buildings which is just, eh.

I actually agree with the power line statement 100%, they are very distracting IMO, i should have cloned them out. As for the sunburst... your monitor maybe? I'm not having that issue on my end. I mean, the sun is blown out... but in a tiny portion, it doesn't extend the blown areas to anywhere except for the small area that the sun would be.

Okay people... let's keep it civilized in here. I removed the original thread because there was just too much vitriol to clean out of it and suggested that Aaron repost. Feel free to post your objective opinions and thoughts on the OP's image, but let's keep the personality out of it!

Okay people... let's keep it civilized in here. I removed the original thread because there was just too much vitriol to clean out of it and suggested that Aaron repost. Feel free to post your objective opinions and thoughts on the OP's image, but let's keep the personality out of it!

So you want us to be robots...no fun. However I do like the image particularly the dramatic effect of the clouds.

Feel free to post your objective opinions and thoughts on the OP's image
Opinions, by their very nature, are subjective, not objective.

For your convenience...

Opinion: noun - a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty
Subjective:
adjective - based on your own feelings and ideas and not on facts
Objective:
adjective - based only on facts and not influenced by personal feelings or beliefs

Just sayin'...
:)

but let's keep the personality out of it!
Ahem... Let's see... First post...

C&C Welcome, except if you're user name is Buckster, then I don't care to hear it.
Riiiiiiiiiiiight! Good job with that whole "keep the personality out of it" thing. :headbang:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back