A.Rotshtein

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ForumMessageImage_451688.jpg

Thank you for any comments in advance :wink:

AR

My first reaction was

"Is that blood?? :shock: "

But I guess it is a "naked" tennisball right? Damn, you had me confused there with that title. I think it's a little creepy :D

graigdavis said:
Baseball. Talk about your all time let downs. Expect a naked woman and you get a freaky lookin baseball. ;)
Hehe.

Still, I do like this picture. I'm not big on the lavender background, but that's only because I don't care for the color in general. It does work and I can't really think of what color I would replace it with.

Nice job. I bet it looks great framed.

Daniel

the lavender background is quite blah and for a 3-d object this picture is exceptionally 2-d. a little disappointing.

Nice try.

bogleric said:
the lavender background is quite blah and for a 3-d object this picture is exceptionally 2-d. a little disappointing.

Nice try.
I don't know about that. "disappointing" seems a little harsh outside of the Critique Forum.

In order to be somewhat constructive, I'd offer that if the background were textured in some recognisable way, be it a familiar repeated pattern like the MLB logo or something like that, or perhaps the stripes of a baseball jersey, then you could exploit the DOF and make the patterned background blurry and highten the impression of the picture being 3D.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I was disappointed in the picture, though. I still think it's interesting and keeps my eye.

Daniel

I personally think it's more of a 2D image rather than 3D. Some sidelighting would make the "veins" pop out more, which I think might be rather interesting, but you might lose the "fleshy" look of the ball.

Cool shot!

markc said:
...the "fleshy" look...
I agree. That's what I love about the picture more than anything else. It has an almost organic feel to it. It's very raw. Like an autopsy photo or something.

Daniel

This image is about texture for me; you can almost feel the ruggedness of the shell. Looks great! I don't mind the background color at all; if I had to nitpick here, it would be the lighting. There is the suggestion of a hot spot in the middle, and it's off just enough to cast a shadow along the bottom.

But like I said, that's a nitpick. :wink: Nice!

terri said:
I don't mind the background color at all
Yeah. I probably shouldn't have said anything. The color thing is more of a personal dislike of lavender than anything else. That should probably be disregarded..

Daniel

Most reactions

New Topics

Back