Name your camera that you use and why you use it :)

D-B-J said:
D7000 because i upgraded my old D200, and it was a more sensible idea than the d300s as it has better ISO capabilities, and many other things.

Agreed :D

I have been using Canon Camera from the time I started my career as professional photographer. Currently, using Canon Powershot A495 due to its amazing picture quality.

Canon 60D best affordable price/quality combination at the time I bought it, but still really happy with it..

Camerageardigital4Apr2011.jpg

Canon XSi and a few lenses. I actually use my Canon SX30 more than the DSLR, its a lot in a small package and have it with me most of the time. The DSLR and the lenses I carry in my bag are just to heavy and cumbersome for casual shooting, keep them for "serious" photography.

I started with the original Canon Rebel, moved up through the XT,XTi, and to the XSi. For what I do, the 12 MP suits my needs and I'm surprised that I don't really have any interest (nor the money) to upgrade at this time.

Apart from the cameras I use for work, I call my current favourite camera "Nottman". This is because it is not a Littman*. I'm using it now because I am almost out of 4x5 instant B&W film so I've decided to use it all up at once instead of prolonging the agony.

* A Littman is a similar type of converted Polaroid camera but is, in my opinion, way overhyped, way overpriced and shrouded in meaningless, deliberately obfuscating technobabble.

Here's Nottman:

6517987-lg.jpg

VannahRose143 said:
Heck yes it is.

Nice

Nice :)

Be sure to read your manual cover to cover SEVERAL times!

Canon 60D. I wanted a new camera with a fresh warranty. Relative to the T3i, the decision was a no brainer for the slight difference in cost. Relative to the 7D, I decided that the rather significant jump in cost didn't justify the extra features for me. Ideally I wanted full frame, but I didn't want the 5D MkII. If I'm spending that much on a camera it better do everything I want, so I'm waiting on the 5D MkIII (or 6D, or 3D, or whatever it ends up being), to see if it's worth the upgrade then. In the mean time the 60D is great! I chose Canon over Nikon on a purely subjective "How nice does it feel and how intuitive is it?" kind of basis.

great thread by the way Vannah!

Well, since I can have my cake and eat it too...........
smilieparty-smiley-0231.gif

I get trigger-happy with a Nikon D60 and D7000.

Why? Because that's all I can afford.

480sparky said:
Well, since I can have my cake and eat it too...........

I get trigger-happy with a Nikon D60 and D7000.

Why? Because that's all I can afford.
zing

Both good cameras!

2 X d7000, because the first one needed a friend........and its the only 2X body i could afford. 2X d700 was not within my budjet.

They are powerfull little cameras that suit me really well for the type of work i do.

Nikon D3 - I have 3 of them. Professional grade full frame, 300,000 actuations shutter life, built-in vertical grip and controls.
Nikon D300 - I have 2 of them (one is for sale here on TPF). The D300 has a crop sensor, but the layout of all the external controls and buttons is essentially the same as the D3, so switching between them is eazy-peezy.
Kodak C813 - a christmas present a few years ago,

Wow. Why do you need so many cameras?
I have 2 photography businesses.

That is a beauty Helen.

Film F90, F100 and my favorite Plaubel Makina
Digital 700
Olympus E-pen

why not.

Olympus Stylus Zoom 80 Wide DLX for Flim
Canon Powershot SX130IS for Digital

... and these have been retired since my 77 year old eyes no longer easily focus...
Pentax K2
Ricoh XR1
Ricoh KR5 III

Most reactions

New Topics

Back