Naming your camera

I totally disagree about girls naming their cars more than boys. That is typically a guy thing and the name of the car is almost always a FEMALE name. If I'm not mistaken there are several songs, written by men, about their female named cars.

strange, maybe this varies from country to country, I do not know a single bloke who named his car.. but several females ;)

I can't even think up titles for 95% of my photos, let alone name my cameras. I just call them by what they are: the widelux, the hassy, the 20D (or the older 20D and the newer 20D), the speed graphic, the norita, the titan, etc....

Hmm can't say I've thought about naming any of my cameras... I have, however, named a few cars in the past.

I haven't named a camera, but I did name my scooter. It is traditional to name one's scooter.

My sister's '80 Vespa PX 150 was 'Bella'

My Honda Metropolitan is 'Morphy' (after my favorite historical chess player)

Chess, cameras/photography, watches... I'm enough of a dork already that I surely don't care if someone thinks I'm less manly because I named an inanimate object. :er:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q112/jzorns/Metro2s.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q112/jzorns/Metro1s.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q112/jzorns/MomMetro1_1024-1.jpg

I don't name my own cameras.

However, I named the an old camera used by the university newspaper 'Nikonosaurus."

I did have one car that acquired a name... not sure who gave it to it... It was 1998, the car was a 1981 Oldsmobile Omega... We named it after a weird Funk album that was always in the deck of it... Osyrus... good car, lasted me a couple years then took me to Florida and back a week before it died... we buried the tape in the backseat of it so they can always be together...

Who names/has named their camera? :mrgreen:
My friend once had a very old film camera named Lomo, and now I'm wondering if I should name my new (used) Pentax K1000. Haha.

I call them my "Twins"...Ahh I have 2 K10D's obviously.

Ben

i call them by their model number....."D80"....would that be considered a name?

I only name mine when it does not do what I want it to and I can't print those names.

I haven't named my camera, but in the automotive hobbies, people regularly name their cars, most often with girls' names. Remember Eleanor from gone in 60 seconds? (the original and the newer remake)

The D100 is the 'big gun'

not sure if it is the only big gun since the wife got her D70, I guess we have two big guns

I've named cars back when I had old, interesting, unreliable cars but now that I have a small fleet of newish cars that run like clockwork but don't really inspire the imagination, they haven't earned any nicknames yet.

I often use 'Junk' as a name. For cars and my camera. But I call my camera my baby when I'm not using it, especially when I'm diving into a lake full of water to save it. I highly recommend LowePro camera bags, they float!!!

Most reactions

Back